Reports & Deliverables
The concept of a Forest Carbon Plan was identified as a key recommendation in the Natural and Working Lands section of the May, 2014 updated scoping plan.
As described in the updated scoping plan, a forest carbon plan would be prepared and published in 2016, that would:
* Set quantitative near-term, mid-term, and long-term planning targets to ensure an increase in net forest carbon storage in California commensurate with the State’s long-term GHG reduction goals, and in light of recent research that suggest that forests in California may be a source of GHG emissions rather than a carbon sink.
* Identify near-term and long-term actions necessary to meet quantitative planning targets while ensuring forest resilience and health, ecosystem services, conservation of the forest land base, and continued economic opportunities.
* Evaluate GHG emission and carbon sequestration trends for different forest land ownership types and consider sector sub-targets for each type.
* Develop specific recommendations regarding approaches for funding actions to ensure that forests in California provide net long-term carbon storage.
Meeting Agenda, Project Materials, & Minutes
Meetings Announcements & Agendas
- March 23-24, 2016 FCAT Public Meeting/Workshop Announcement
- December 14, 2015 Meeting Announcement and Agenda
- October 19, 2015 Meeting Announcement and Agenda
- August 17, 2015 Meeting Announcement and Agenda
- June 2015 Meeting Announcement and Agenda
- Upcoming Public Meetings/Workshops
- Sacramento Workshop Agenda (2/20/2015)
- Los Angeles Public Meeting/ Workshop Agenda (3/11/2015)
- February 23, 2016 Meeting Minutes
- October 19, 2015 Meeting Minutes (Draft)
- Augut 17, 2015 Meeting Minutes (Draft)
- June 2015 Meeting Minutes (Draft) - Revised 7/16/15
- April 2015 Meeting Minutes (Draft)
- February 2015 Meeting Minutes
- December 2014 Meeting Minutes
- California Forest Carbon Plan Concept Paper: Managing our Forest Landscapes in a Changing Climate (DRAFT) - 3/9/16
- Forest Resource Evaluation Method - Analysis Guide - 6/5/2015
- Attributes of Healthy California Forests - 6/5/2015
- Forest Carbon Work Plan - 6/5/2015
- Forest Carbon Plan Outline Working Draft - 2/9/2015
- Forest Carbon Plan Vision Draft - 2/9/2015
- Subcommittee Interim Reports
- Policy Subcommittee Chair's Report to Forest Carbon Action Team
- Inventory Subcommittee Briefing
- Co-Benefits Subcommittee Report: Enhancing Carbon Storage through Forest Health
- State and Federal Public Lands Issues Subcommittee