Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 11:25 AM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 538-7826
Media Line: (530) 521-8265
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department and Lassen National Forest
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
Dixie Fire West Zone: The Dixie Fire remained active overnight with active surface fire and multiple tree torching with long range spotting and rollout. The fire is going to continue to move North and Northeast with the potential for 2-3 miles of new growth. The fire is burning in a remote area with limited access, extended travel times and steep terrain which hampers control efforts. Fire will continue to rapidly expand causing a need for the critical resources to control the fires spread.
Dixie Fire East Zone: Yesterday crews made good progress along the southeast edge of the Dixie Fire toward Bucks Lake. Today, if conditions are favorable a firing operation is planned to tie the existing fireline into the west shoreline. The intent of this operation is to keep the fire north of Bucks Lake. Firefighters will also address the Fly Fire, a new start just north of Keddie. The Fly Fire ignited yesterday evening in Butterfly Valley and burned quickly to the northeast across Hwy 89/70, growing to well over 1,650 acres. The cause is under investigation. The extreme fire behavior and long range spotting of both fires prompted several additional evacuation orders and warnings. The fires are expected to continue moving to the northeast today. Fire behavior is expected to remain extreme.
Dixie Fire Evacuation Maps
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
- CAL FIRE https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
- USFS Information https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
- The west shore of Lake Almanor from the Canyon Damn, Northwest to Hwy, 36 at Hwy. 89. This includes the communities of Prattville, Big Meadows, and Lake Almanor West along with the Rocky Point Campground and the Canyon Dam Boat Launch.
- High Lakes (PLUMAS COUNTY) Recreational area of Plumas County east of the Butte Plumas County line. Plumas Butte County line east to Twain Includes both sides of Hwy 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie, Tobin, Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain.
- Meadow Valley and Bucks Lake, Bucks Lake Rd. at Riverdance, and everything west, to the Butte Plumas County line. This includes Snake Lake, Meadow Valley, Tollgate, Bucks Lake, Bucks Lake Highlands, and all surrounding areas.
- Caribou Rd. north to the Humbug Rd. and Humboldt Rd. intersection This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt Valley Reservoir, Prattville, Butt Reservoir Road, and everything west to the Butte/Plumas County line, and the community of Seneca south to Hwy. 70.
- P Zone 1: for High Lakes area, Storrie, Tobin, and Rock Creek. Evacuation Order for Belden, Rich Bar, Virgilia, Seneca, and Twain communities along the SR70 corridor. Evacuation Order to begin at SR70 at Pulga Rd along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Rich Bar Rd., from SR70 at Rich Bar Rd., to the north along the Pacific Crest Trail to the Plumas Co./Butte Co. line, from the Plumas Co./Butte Co. line west along the county line to the intersection of SR70 and Pulga Rd.
- P Zone 2: for Meadow Valley and Bucks Lake communities. Evacuation to include the south edge of the SR70 corridor, from Belden east to Twain, south from Twain to Snake Lake Rd. at Bucks Lake Rd., to include the communities of Spanish Ranch and Meadow Valley, from south, on Bucks Lake Rd. at Snake Lake Rd. to the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd. and Big Creek (south), from the the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd. and Big Creek Rd. (south) along Bucks Lake Rd. to the Plumas/Butte Co. line, from Bucks Lake Rd. at the Plumas/Butte Co line to the north, along the Plumas/Butte Co. line, where it intersects with SR70 at Pulga Rd
- P Zone 3: for the Caribou area. Evacuation to include SR70 at Virgilia to the north along the east shore of Butt Lake, to the intersection of Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd, to the east along Humbug Rd. to the Butte Co. Line, to the south along the Butte Co. Line to Chips Creek, east along Chips Creek to SR70, east along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Virgilia
- P Zone 4A: for the Paxton, Seneca, Long Valley, and East Butt Lake area. Evacuation Warning to include the Paxton area at SR70, north to the Long Valley, west to the south side of Butt Lake, from the south side of Butt Lake to SR70 at Virgilia, east along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Paxton.
- P Zone 4B: in the Long Valley and Seneca communities. Starting from the Long Valley area north along Wolf Creek Rd, to the intersection of Wolf Creek Rd and South Almanor, from the intersection of South Almanor and Wolf Creek Rd west along South Almanor, continuing west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection of Humbug-Humboldt Crossing Rd, from the intersection of Fox Farm Rd and Humbug-Humboldt Rd, to south along Prattville Butt Valley Reservoir Rd to the south shore of Butt Valley Reservoir, from the south shore of Butt Valley Reservoir east to Long Valley.
- P Zone 5: for the communities along the west shore of Lake Almanor including Prattville and Lake Almanor West, beginning at the intersection of SR147 and SR89, west to the Intersection of SR36 and SR89, south from the intersection of SR36 and SR89 to County RD 324, from the intersection of SR36 and County RD 324, east along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with South Almanor Rd.
- P Zone 6: from the intersection of Humbug Rd at Humboldt Rd north to the intersection with Fox Farm Rd, from the intersection of Humboldt Rd and Fox Farm Rd, west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection of SR36 and Fox Farm Rd continuing west to the Butte County Line, south along the Butte County Line to Humbug Rd, east along Humbug Rd to the intersection of Humboldt Rd.
- P Zone 6A: beginning from the intersection of Humbug-Humboldt Crossing Rd and Fox Farm Rd, west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with SR36, south from the intersection of SR36 and Fox Farm Rd, south to the Butte County line, south along Butte County line to Humboldt Rd., east along Humboldt Rd to the intersection with HumbugHumboldt Crossing Rd, continuing west to the Butte County Line, south along the Butte County Line to Humbug Rd, east along Humbug Rd to the intersection of Humboldt Rd.
- P Zone 11: for the community of Road Valley Reservoir and Long Valley will include State Route 89 near the Clear Creek to the State Route 70, south to State Route 70 at the Feather River, east along State Route 70 to the intersection of State Route 89, north on State Route 89 to Dixie Creek due north to Seltzer Road.
- P Zone 12: for the Snake Area. The warning will begin at the intersection of Blackhawk Rd and SR70, east along SR70 to intersection and Chandler West, from the intersection of SR70 and Chandler West south west to the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd and Riverdance Rd, west to Snake Lake Rd, north to the intersection of Powerline Easement and Hambly Ravine.
- P Zone 12A: For the community of Butterfly Valley. The Evacuation order is to begin at Blackhawk Rd at SR70, to west on Snake Lake Rd to the intersection with Powerline Easement, continuing west from the intersection of Snake Lake Rd and Powerline Easement to the Hambly Ravine, from the Hambly Ravine north to SR70, continuining east along the SR70 corridor to the intersection with SR89 (Greenville Wye), from the intersetction with SR70 and SR89 (Greenville Wye), continuing east along the SR70 corridor to the intersection with Blackhawk Rd.
- P Zone 13: for the community of the northeast side of Ridge, southeast to Diamond Mountain Road, west to Stampfli Lane, north to Wolf Creek, northwest to the intersection of N Valley Road and Pecks Valley Road Indian Valley. The warning will include Dyer Mountain, southeast to Keddie, north to the intersection of Williams Valley Road and Lower Williams Valley Road, northwest to SR89 at Second Water Tower Creek, north to Dyer Mountain.
- P Zone 14: for the community of Greenville and Crescent Mills. The order will include SR89 at Dixie Creek, northeast to Stampfli Lane, north to Wolf Creek, norhtwest to SR89, north on SR89 to Hauns Creek.
- P Zone 15: for the community of Taylorsville. The warning will include SR89 at Moccasin, northeast to Stampfli Lane at Indian Creek, east to Diamond Mountain Road, south to Genesee Road at N Valley Road, west to SR89 at Indian Falls, northeast to Moccasin.
- P Zone 16: for the community of Mount Hough. The warning will include SR89 at Indian Falls, east to Genesee Road at N Valley Road, south to the intersection of Forest Service Road 25N14 and Forest Service Road 24N85, west to SR70 at Barlow Road, north to SR89 at Indian Falls.
- P Zone 7: Evacuation Warning for the community of Stover. The warning will include the intersection of SR89 at SR36, west on SR36 to the Pacific Crest Trail, north to Willow Springs Campground, northeast to the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Rd., south to the intersection of SR89 and SR36.
- P Zone 8: Evacuation Warning for the community of Chester. The warning will include the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Rd., east to Lake Chance Campground, south to SR36 on the causeway, southwest to the intersection of SR89 and SR36, north to the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Road.
- P Zone 9: Evacuation Warning for the communities of Peninsula and Hamilton Branch. The warning will include SR36 on the causeway, east to the Lassen County Line, south on SR147 to County Road A13, south to Peninsula Point, north to the SR36 causeway.
- P Zone 10: Evacuation Warning for the community of East Shore. The warning will include the intersection of SR147 and County Rd. A13, east to the Little Dyer Mountain, southeast to Dyer Mountain, south to SR89, west to State Rt. 147, north to County Road A 13.
- P Zone 17: for the area of Quincy West
- P Zone 18: for the area of Peters Creek
- P Zone 21: for the area of Grizzly/Tower
- P Zone 28: for the area of Genesee
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
- For the communities of Jonesville, Philbrook and all High Lakes areas within Butte County
- Areas to include the Tehama County line east to Old Loma Road., Carpenter Ridge east to Skyway, Skyway north from Humbug Summit line to Butte Creek, all the Fish Creek area within Lassen National Forest area road, Pulga and Philbrook areas east of the west branch of the Feather River, west of SR70 north of Magalia, intersection of SR70 at Pulga Rd., south of the Plumas County line, Butte Meadows and Inskip areas.
Butte County Resources:
- Butte County Website: www.buttecounty.net
- Sheriff Website: www.buttecounty.net/sheriffcoroner
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bcsonews
- Sheriff Twitter: @ButteSheriff
- Sheriff’s Call Center: (530) 552-3010
- Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/4nm69873
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
- T Zone 1: to include the area of Colby Creek. The warning will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the Tehama County Line to the intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Sheriff Facebook: Tehama County Sheriff Facebook
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Memorial Hall at 180 Gay Street in Chester.
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Lane in Quincy
Animal Evacuation Centers:
If you need assistance with animals contact Plumas County Animal Services at (530) 283-3673 or after hours (530) 283-6300. Large animals and livestock can also be accommodated.
- Camp Creek Road
- State Route 70 at the North junction with SR 89 Greenville Wye
- State Route 70 eastbound at SR89
- State Route 70 westbound at Gansner
- Oroville-Quincy Highway at Plains Rd (Four Trees)
- Bucks Lake Rd at River Dance
- State Route 89 southbound at Arlington Rd.
- State Route 89 at State Route 36
- State Route 89 at State Route 147
- State Route 147 at State Route 89
- State Route 70 is closed from 14.3 miles East of the junction of SR 191 (Jarbo Gap) at CAL FIRE Station 36
- Bucks Lake Rd from Riverdance west to Mountain House in Butte County
Additional Road Information:
- For current State Highway/Route information visit roads.dot.ca.gov
National Forest Closures:
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-04 as of July 16 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety through September 16. For additional information, visit the LNF Website: www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Plumas National Forest within the Dixie Fire Area per Forest Order No. 05-11-00-21-14 The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21- 15 as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety. For additional information, visit the PNF Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Cooperating Agencies: Plumas National Forest, Lassen National Forest, Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, Pacific Gas & Electric, Union Pacific Railroad, Sierra Pacific Industries, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS and California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Burlington Northern Santa Fe|