Incident UpdateDixie Fire
Date: 08/18/2021 Time: 5:29 PM
DIXIE FIRE WEST ZONE BRIEFING & VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING (8/18/2021 5:27PM)
WHAT: Informational briefing and virtual community meeting for the Dixie Fire West Zone
WHEN: August 18th at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Streaming Live on Facebook and YouTube
WHY: To update the community on the latest information regarding the Dixie Fire West Zone.
If you have a question, you would like answered at the briefing, please submit it in the comment section of the livestream in Facebook or YouTube. Although we may not be able to answer all questions, we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience. Tomorrow night another virtual community meeting will focus on the East Zone.
From here on, Community meetings will follow the same pattern, alternating days.
DIXIE FIRE - EVACUATION STATUS FOR WESTWOOD RESIDENTS (8/18/2021 5:27PM)
WHAT: DIXIE FIRE EVACUATION STATUS FOR WESTWOOD RESIDENTS
WHEN: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
WHERE: The Sheriff’s Office made preliminary plans in cooperation with CAL FIRE Incident Management Team 3 to repopulate Westwood as early as 3pm this afternoon. Unfortunately, fire activity has increased near Hamilton Mountain, and it has been determined that conditions are unsafe for repopulation of that area at this time. We will continue to keep the public updated as circumstances change. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
DIXIE FIRE - LASSEN COUNTY EVACUATION WARNING - WEST ZONE (8/18/2021 5:27PM)
WHAT: DIXIE FIRE - LASSEN COUNTY EVACUATION WARNING - WEST ZONE
WHEN: EFFETIVE IMMEDIATELY
WHERE: Lake Forest Estates and Eagle Lake Road A1 from Hwy 36 north to the county access gate and east to Prattville Road and north to Paiute Creek.
Dixie Fire West Zone: Shifting winds continued to challenge crews as short to mid-range spotting caused continued growth. Dry, cooler air pushed by east winds allowed the fire to burn throughout the night, with minimal recovery of humidity into the early morning hours. The fire growth continued to challenge control lines throughout the night. Damage assessment is ongoing, and the number of damaged and destroyed structures may change as teams are able to access the fire area safely. Please see below for information affecting your area. California historically experiences some of the most devastating wildfires.
Dixie Fire East Zone:Red flag weather and critically dry fuel conditions have led to continued movement of the fire front to the east and south yesterday afternoon and overnight. The fire has crossed to the south side of BeardsleyGrade Road and has quickly progressed towards Kessler Peak. In the Dyer Mountain area, resources continue to secure and mop up the perimeter line with 100 to 150 foot depth in most area. The fire is currently holding on Fruit Growers Boulevard where firefighters continue to work on securing the line and mopping up. All lines at Keddie Point and into the North Arm of Indian Valley are holding and will continue to be patrolled. The cold front passed over the East Zone of the fire at around 11 PM last night, causing winds to shift and come out of the northwest and then the northeast. Northeasterly winds are expected to persist today with gusts around 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Dixie Fire Evacuation Map:
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuation zones may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Damage Assessment Maps
Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE)
Plumas County Recovery Information
- Rush Creek
- Silver Lake (west of Meadow Valley)
- Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection - This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt ValleyReservoir
- PrattvilleButtReservoirRoadand everything west to theButte/Plumas
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road in under a Mandatory EvacuationOrder.
- The community of Seneca south to Hwy70
- Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls
- Long Valley (west of Round Valley), Dixie Canyon south to Indian Falls,south of Indian Falls to the Hwy 70/89 Junction.
- Dixie Mountain, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line, to include, Jordan Flats, Ferris Flat, Fitch Canyon and Cottonwood Mountain.
- Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to
- Everything west of Hwy 89/36 Junction
- West along the south side of Hwy 36 to the County Line and south of Hwy 36 to rock lake and west to the County Line.
- ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of Beckwouth Genesee Road.
- The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, North to area of Drum Bridge, North to area of Babcock crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to25N05, West to Beckwourth Genesee road.
- South of Antelope Lake and northeast of Genesee Valley.
- Community of Greenville, south along Hwy 89 to Stampfli Lane and along
North Valley Rd.
- Canyon Dam
- West Shore of Lake Almanor, Prattville, iIncludes “LAW”, Prattville, Big Meadows, Rocky Point Campground, and the Canyon Dam Boat Launch.
- East Shore of Lake Almanor
- East Shore of Hwy 147 from Canyon Dam north to the Hwy 147 and County Road A-13 intersection. East of Hwy 147 at CO A-13, to little Dyer Mtn, southeast to DyerMtn. NEW roadblock at Hwy 147 and Old Haun Road.
- North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of NorthValley Rd, Diamond Mtn Rd, and North Arm.
- From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mtn. Rd to the County Line and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the south side of the highway to the CountyLine.
- Chester, from the Hwy36/Hwy89 Junction, east to the causeway, both sides of Hwy 36 throughChester to the Lake Almanor edge and to north to the County Line.
- Lake Almanor Peninsula
- Hamilton Branch
- Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor Diggins Mine.
- Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen line, and east to Diamond Mountainarea, south to Lone Rock.
- Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the Plumas/Lassen Line as well as East to the Plumas Lassen Line, including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, IndianCreek Road, Diamond Mountain Way the area of Thompson Creek and Boulder Creek.
- High Lakes (Plumas County) Recreational area of Plumas County east of the Butte/Plumas Countyline
- Butterfly Valley, Keddie to Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, Snake Lake
- This includes Spanish Creek Campground,Round House Rd Old Highway W.
- East side of Keddie, Round House Road and Old Hwy (WEST)
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to SnakeLake
- Mt. Hough, from north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road
- Oakland Camp
- Crescent Mills
- Plumas/Butte County line east to Twain
- Includes both sides of Hwy 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie.
- Tobin,Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain. DOES NOT INCLUDE RUSH CREEK RD
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
- Butte Meadows: This will include Humboldt Rd at Thatcher Ridge, up to Cherry Hill Campgrounds, north to the Butte/Tehama County lines.
- Jonesville area: The Warning will encompass State Route 32 at the Butte/Tehama County line, east to the area of Cherry Hill Campground, southeast to Snag Lake, southwest to Skyway at Bull Creek, north along Skyway to Humboldt Road.
- Snag Lake area: This will include Humbug Summit Rd at the Butte/Plumas County lines, southwest across Snag Lake to Humbug Summit Rd and Skyway. This warning includes the area surrounding High Lakes Rd near the Carr Mine.
- Lake Philbrook area: This area includes Philbrook Lake south to Browns
Ravine Rd just east of 25N22, east to the Butte/Plumas County lines.
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and south to Cheney Creek Rd
- Janesville west of Hwy 395 from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade
- West of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd
- Susan River Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and dirt Gold Run Rd.
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area.
- North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area.
- East of Hwy 395 from the Flux Rd intersection to County Rd A25/Herlong Access Rd
- Lake Forest Estates and Eagle Lake Road A1 from Hwy 36 north to the County Access gate and east to Prattville Rd and north to Paiute Creek.
- The area west of Richmond Rd and south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to S Weatherlow St and south to Gold Run Rd
- Diamond Mountain area from Forest Service Rd 29NO2 south to the Lassen County line
- West of Richmond Rd from Gold Run Rd south to Childrens Rd but not including roads immediately adjacent to the Golf Course
- East of Hwy 395 from Baxter Creek south of Sunnyside Rd not to include Sunnyside Rd south to the Herlong Access Rd A25
- West of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade to the intersection of Herlong Access Rd A25
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions provided
by mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas.
Per the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office:
- TEH C16: The area of Fire Mountain Lodge. Thiswill include subzones 221, 222, 223, 224,225, 226, 228
- TEH B16: The area north of Mineral
- TEH D16
- The town of Mineral
- TEH B17 and C17: for the area of Childs Meadows/HighlandsResort. This will include subzones 228 and 227 Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH 1 (D18, D19, E18, E19): for the St. Bernard’s Lodgeand ElamCarter Creek areas
- TEH 1 (D17): for the Wilson Creek, Slate Creek, and Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH C18: for the area of Wilson Lake
- THE C19: for the area to the east of Wilson Lake, to the Tehama/Plumas County line
- TEH B15
- TEH C15
- TEH D15
- T Zone 1- Includes the area of Colby Creek. The order will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the TehamaCounty Line to the
intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to
the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Ln. in Quincy
- Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
- Lassen Community College 478-200 CA-139, Susanville, CA
- Los Molinos Veterans Hall 7980 Sherwood Blvd, Los Molinos, CA
American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
Animal Evacuation Centers:
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy
- Recreation Center 101 Meadowview Lane, Chester
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff
(large and small animals)
- Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
- Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
Donations for residents affected by the fire can be made at:
Plumas Bank- Donations can be made at any branch or mailed to PCIRC at PO Box 3005, Quincy, CA 95971
LDS/Mormon Church- 55 Bellamy Ln, Quincy, CA (Aug 6-9 10am-6pm)
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions providedby
mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas. Motorists are encouraged to call 1-800-427-7623 for highway information as
roadway conditions remain dynamic.
- Genesee Road southbound @ Arlington Road
- SR-89 northbound @ Pioneer Road
- SR-89 southbound @ Old Haun Road / Greenville Wolf Creek Road
- Williams Valley Road northbound @ N. Valley Road / Main Street
- N. Valley Road northbound @ Stampfli Lane
- Indian Falls Road @ SR-89. No traffic into Indian Falls. SR-89 is open
- N. Valley Road northbound @ Nelson Street
- SR-89 northbound closed at Stampfli Road
- SR-89 southbound closed at Old Haun Road/Greenville Wolf Creek Road
- Williams Valley Road northbound closed at N. Valley Road/Main Street
- N. Valley Road northbound closed at Stampfli Lane
- Indian Falls Road closed at SR-89. No traffic into Indian Falls. SR-89 is open
- N. Valley Road northbound closed at Nelson Street
- Antelope Road closed at Beckwourth Genesee Road
- N. Arm Road south/westbound closed at Diamond Mountain Road
- Humboldt Road at Jonesville Road. No east/northbound Humboldt Road or east/southbound Jonesville Road traffic
- SR-36 eastbound, east of SR-172 in Childs Meadows
- SR-32 eastbound at Scout Road
- County Road A21 is closed to southbound traffic from Hwy 44
- Hwy 36 is closed west of Eagle Lake Rd A1
- Hwy 395 from A25 to Hwy 36 at Richmond Rd
- Hwy 172 at Mineral
- Hwy 32 closed from Hwy 36 to Scout Rd.
- Hwy 147 closed
- Hwy 395 closed from A3 in Janesville to Hwy 70 Hallelujah Junction
- County Highway A1southbound closed at Gallatin Road
- US-395 from SR-70 to County Road A3/Standish Buntingville Road (Janesville )
- Standish Buntingville Road/County Highway A3 southbound closed at US395
- US-395 Caltrans one-way traffic control pilot car operations. Caltrans is running a pilot car operation on US-395 between County Road A3/Standish Buntingville Road and Dessert Pine Trail. The Caltrans pilot car takes approximately 15-20 minutes to get from County Road A3/Standish Buntingville Road and Dessert Pine Trail on US-395.
- Cheney Creek Road @ Gold Run Road (unstaffed Lassen County Roads barricade). No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from Gold Run Road.
- Cheney Creek Road @ South Street (unstaffed Lassen County Roads barricade). No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from South Street.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed. National Park Service (NPS) is not staffing park entrances/exits on the north or south ends of SR-89.
- SR-44 eastbound @ SR-89/Old Station
National Forest Closures:
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-08 as of August 12, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety through November 30, 2021. For additional information, visit the LNF Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Lassen National Forest: Eagle Lake and Hat Creek Campsites available for evacuees. Contact Brian.email@example.com or call 530-338-8745. Evacuees need to check in with the campsite's hosts. Before you go, make sure the campgrounds are not under anyevacuation warnings.
The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21-15 as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety. For additional information, visit the PNF Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Forest Order 05-11-00-21-16 (Phases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire Emergency Area, Road, Trail, and Developed Recreation Site Closure Order) https://tinyurl.com/74hf8rk3
Lassen Volcanic National Park: All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff's Office, Lassen County Sheriff's Office, Tehama County Sheriff's Office, Shasta County Sheriff's Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad|