Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 1:10 PM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 538-7826
Media Line: (530) 521-8265
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
Wildlife Disaster network: Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
Wildlife Disaster network: Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department, Lassen National Forest and National Park Service
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
DIXIE FIRE – LASSEN COUNTY SHERIFF EVACUATION ORDER AND WARNINGS REDUCED FOR SOME AREAS
WHAT: LASSEN COUNTY SHERIFF EVACUATION ORDER AND WARNINGS REDUCED FOR
WHEN: EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
WHERE: Mandatory Evacuation Orders have been reduced to Evacuation Warnings for Residents only in the following areas:
• Janesville and Milford east (lake side) of Hwy 395 from the Thunder Mtn. Rd intersection south to the Flux Rd intersection - Zone LAS-E008-A and LAS-E011-A
• Janesville and Milford west (mountain side) of Hwy 395 from the Bass Hill area south to Oak Tree Lane including Janesville side of Wingfield, Elysian Valley, & Bass Hill Rd - Zones LAS-E012 A-J LAS-E010-G&H
• Milford west (mountain side) of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade south to the intersection of County Rd A26 Garnier Rd - Zones LAS-E009-A and E001-A Willard Creek Rd south of Hwy 36 and Korver Rd from Hwy 36 south to the fork of Korver Rd – Zones LAS-E016-A and E017-C
Evacuation Warnings have been lifted for:
• Janesville and Milford east of Hwy 395 from A3/Standish Buntingville Rd south to the Thunder Mtn. Rd Intersection - Zones LAS-E013 and LAS-E011-B
• Milford east of Hwy 395 from the Flux Rd intersection south to County Rd A25 Herlong Junction intersection - Zone LAS-E008-B
The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions. Please continue adhere to road closures and any evacuation warnings. A reminder to drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. There will be smoke in the respect areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If at any time you feel unsafe please call 911.
Dixie Fire West Zone:Fire remained active until after midnight. Smoke settled back over the fire in the early morning hours, reducing fire activity. Cooler weather and increasing humidity slowed rates of spread, with isolated torching still observed. Smoke settled back over the fire in the early morning hours. A much quieter weather patterns is shaping up for most of this week. Crews continue mopping-up hot spots, and are working to strengthen control lines. Damage assessment is ongoing, and the number of damaged and destroyed structures may change as teams are able to access the fire area safely. Northern California has experienced large fire activity and will likely experience an extended fire season. Fires burning in northern California are exhibiting extreme fire growth based on critical fuel conditions. The prioritization of resources is always based on life, property, and natural resources. Under these drought conditions, wildfires are burning rapidly with extreme severity and have traveled up to 8 miles in a single day. Fuel conditions are much worse than previous years and along with wind is causing much greater fire spread. Firefighters are experiencing conditions never seen before, such as increased spread rates, spotting and active nighttime burning. We coordinate very closely with the US Forest Service and CalOES for our local and out of state partners, to ensure resource availability.
Dixie Fire East Zone: The eastern edge of the fire line towards Janesville area remains secure with crews on the ground continuing the mop up hot spots around the structures in Milford. On the southern edge above Antelope Lake, resources continue to work the fire's edge to tie it into the Lake. On the western edge, they completed the dozer work and are continuing to secure the line, extinguishing heat along the way. In Genesee Valley, resources continue to mop up around structures. Firefighters are engaging the fire that has made its way down to the road as they continue to catch any spots or slops to secure it at the road. There are two spot fires on the south end of Genesee Valley. One is below the Grizzley Spot and will burn into it, the other has been contained in the creek. Today crews will work to minimize any spread moving towards homes. Firefighters continue putting in direct and indirect line to cut off any additional eastern spread in the area. In Taylorsville/Peters Creek, firefighters are going direct on the fires edge, mopping up and patrolling around all the structures. A contingency line above Taylorsville is being constructed. Yesterday, the Beckworth Hotshot crew was able to complete handline down the eastern side of the Grizzley Spot. They will continue to work
the western edge this morning.
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
- CAL FIRE https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
- USFS Information https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuation zones may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Damage Assessment Maps
Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE)
Plumas County Recovery Information
- Sugar Loaf | Frenchman Road near Bloomer Lake Road, north to the county line, and the Plumas side of Doyle Grade. (PLU Zone: 43A)
- East side of Mt. Hough, east to Tower Rock and the south edge of Genesee. Includes Emigrant Rd. (PLU Zone 16A)
- Taylorsville (PLU Zone: 15A)
- Ingalis South of Beckwourth Genesee Rd to the NW side of Lake Davis along Grizzly Ridge to the west and including the Walker Mine. (PLU Zone: 33)
- Grizzly/Tower | Beckwourth Genesee Rd south of Antelope Lake Rd to Grizzly Ridge and North of Argentine Lookout. (PLU Zone: 21)
- Silver Lake (west of Meadow Valley) (PLU Zone: 002A)
- Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection. This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt Valley Reservoir (PLU Zone: 003)
- Prattville Butt Reservoir Road and everything west to the Butte/Plumas County line. (PLU Zone: 4B)
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road in under a Mandatory Evacuation Order. (PLU Zone: 006)
- The community of Seneca south to Hwy70 (PLU Zone: 004A)
- Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls (PLU Zone: 011)
- Long Valley (west of Round Valley), Dixie Canyon south to Indian Falls, south of Indian Falls to the Hwy 70/89 Junction.
- Dixie Mountain, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line, to include, Jordan Flats, Ferris Flat, Fitch Canyon and Cottonwood Mountain. (PLU Zone: 034)
- Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to Snake Lake (PLU Zone: 12B)
- Everything west of Hwy 89/36 Junction (PLU Zone: 007)
- West along the south side of Hwy 36 to the County Line and south of Hwy 36 to rock lake and west to the County Line.
- ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of Beckwouth Genesee Road. (PLU Zone: 027)
- The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, North to area of Drum Bridge, North to area of Babcock crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to25N05, West to Beckwourth Genesee road. (PLU Zone: 031)
- South of Antelope Lake and northeast of Genesee Valley. (PLU Zone: 030)
- East of Hwy 147 at CO A-13, to little Dyer Mtn, southeast to Dyer Mtn. NEW roadblock at Hwy 147 and Old Haun Road. (PLU Zone: 010)
- North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of North Valley Rd, Diamond Mtn Rd, and North Arm. (PLU Zone: 013)
- From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mtn. Rd to the County Line and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the south side of the highway to the County Line. (PLU Zone: 007)
- Chester, from the Hwy36/Hwy89 Junction, east to the causeway, both sides of Hwy 36 through Chester to the Lake Almanor edge and to north to the County Line. (PLU Zone: 008B)
- Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor Diggins Mine. (PLU Zone: 020)
- Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen line, and east to Diamond Mountain area, south to Lone Rock. (PLU Zone: 019)
- Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the Plumas/Lassen Line as well as East to the Plumas Lassen Line, including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, Indian Creek Road, Diamond Mountain Way the area of Thompson Creek & Boulder Creek. (PLU Zone: 030)
- Rush Creek (only residents of rush creek ROAD were permitted to return, not the whole zone) (PLU Zone: 004A)
- Residents of Diamond Mtn are under Evacuation Warning and can go as far as Lights Creek Lane. (PLU Zone: 018B)
- High Lakes (Plumas County) Recreational area of Plumas County east of the Butte/Plumas Countyline (PLU Zone: 001)
- Butterfly Valley, Keddie to Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, SnakeLake (PLU Zone: 012A)This includes Spanish Creek Campground,Round House Rd Old Highway
- East side of Keddie, Round House Road and Old Hwy (WEST) (PLU Zone: 016B)
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to SnakeLake (PLU Zone: 012B)
- Mt. Hough, from north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road (PLU Zone: 016B)
- Crescent Mills (PLU Zone: 014A)
- Plumas/Butte County line east to Twain
- Includes both sides of Hwy 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie. –
- Tobin,Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain. DOES NOT INCLUDE RUSH CREEK RD I will have to check with Chandler bc these last two descriptions look like (PLU Zone: 002A/001)
- Town of Chester Proper, West Shore, Prattville, West Almanor, Peninsula, Hamilton Branch, area of Big Meadows, and East Shore. Residents along Hwy 147 is a reduction from an Order to a Warning to Residents only. All areas outside residents in the Forest are still under the existing Forest Closure Orders. (PLU Zone: 008B/009)
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Evacuation Order: None
- Butte Meadows: This will include Humboldt Rd at Thatcher Ridge, up to Cherry Hill Campgrounds, north to the Butte/Tehama County lines.
- Jonesville area: The Warning will encompass State Route 32 at the Butte/Tehama County line, east to the area of Cherry Hill Campground, southeast to Snag Lake, southwest to Skyway at Bull Creek, north along Skyway to Humboldt Road.
- Snag Lake area: This will include Humbug Summit Rd at the Butte/Plumas County lines, southwest across Snag Lake to Humbug Summit Rd and Skyway. This warning includes the area surrounding High Lakes Rd near the Carr Mine.
- Lake Philbrook area: This area includes Philbrook Lake south to Browns
Ravine Rd just east of 25N22, east to the Butte/Plumas County lines.
- Janesville and Milford west of Hwy 395 from the Bass Hill area south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd including Janesville side of Wingfield, Elysian Valley, & Bass Hill Rd.
- Janesville and Milford east of Hwy 395 from the Thunder Mtn. Rd intersection south to the Flux Rd intersection
- North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area
- Susan River Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and Gold Run Rd.
- South of Hwy 36 east of Mtn Meadows Reservoir east to Devil’s Corral
ORDER Zones LAS- E027-A, E028, E029-A, E019, E018, E026, E017-A, E016-A, E012-ALL, E010-ALL, E009-A&b, E008-A&B, LAS-E001-A
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area
- Bizz Johnson Trail area south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to Miller Crossing and south to Bauer Rd
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and south to Cheney Creek Rd
- Janesville and Milford east of Hwy 395 from A3/Standish Buntingville Rd south to the Thunder Mtn. Rd Intersection
- Milford east of Hwy 395 from the Flux Rd intersection south to County Rd A25 Herlong Junction intersection
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
WARNING Zones LAS-E008-B, E011-B, E013, E016-B-D-E, E030-A&B, E023, E029-B, E027-B, E020
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions provided
by mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas.
Per the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office:
- TEH C16: The area of Fire Mountain Lodge. Thiswill include subzones 221, 222, 223, 224,225, 226, 228
- TEH B16: The area north of Mineral
- TEH D16
- The town of Mineral
- TEH B17 and C17: for the area of Childs Meadows/HighlandsResort. This will include subzones 228 and 227 Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH 1 (D17): for the Wilson Creek, Slate Creek, and Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH C18: for the area of Wilson Lake
- THE C19: for the area to the east of Wilson Lake, to the Tehama/Plumas County line
- TEH 1 (D18, D19, E18, E19): for the St. Bernard’s Lodgeand ElamCarter Creek areas
- TEH B15
- TEH C15
- TEH D15
- T Zone 1- Includes the area of Colby Creek. The order will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the TehamaCounty Line to the
intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to
the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Ln. in Quincy
- Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
- Lassen Community College 478-200 CA-139, Susanville, CA
- Los Molinos Veterans Hall 7980 Sherwood Blvd, Los Molinos, CA
NOTE: The Lassen High School shelter has closed
American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
Animal Evacuation Centers:
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy
- Recreation Center 101 Meadowview Lane, Chester
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff
(large and small animals)
- Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
- Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
Donations for residents affected by the fire can be made at:
Plumas Bank- Donations can be made at any branch or mailed to PCIRC at PO Box 3005, Quincy, CA 95971
LDS/Mormon Church- 55 Bellamy Ln, Quincy, CA (Aug 6-9 10am-6pm)
Red Cross - https://www.redcross.org/local/california/gold-country.html
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions providedby
mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas. Motorists are encouraged to call 1-800-427-7623 for highway information as
roadway conditions remain dynamic.
Plumas County – CHP Susanville Comm. Center
- Indian Falls Road at SR-89. No westbound Indian Falls Road traffic.
- Greenville Wolf Creek Road just west of SR-89. No westbound Greenville Wolf Creek Road traffic
- Pecks Valley Road northbound at North Valley Road eastbound.
- North Valley Road northbound at Diamond Mountain Road.
- Dixie Valley Road at SR-89. No northbound Dixie Valley Road traffic.
- Arlington Road eastbound at Viacava Ranch Road. No eastbound Arlington Road traffic
- Main Street both directions at SR-89
- Beckwourth Genesee Road westbound at Antelope Road
- SR-36 westbound at SR-32.
- SR-36 eastbound at Little Giant Mill Road.
- SR-36 westbound at SR-44.
- SR-36 eastbound at County Road A13.
- Wingfield Road westbound at Bas Hill Road.
- Janesville Grade westbound at US-395.
- Milford Grade westbound at US-395.
- Hicks Road westbound at US-395
- Main Street westbound at US-395.
- Church Street westbound at US-395.
- Sears Road westbound at US-395.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed. National Park Service (NPS) is not staffing park entrances/exits on the north or south ends of SR-89.
National Forest Closures:
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-08 as of August 12, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety through November 30, 2021. For additional information, visit the LNF Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Lassen National Forest: Eagle Lake and Hat Creek Campsites available for evacuees. Contact Brian.email@example.com or call 530-338-8745. Evacuees need to check in with the campsite's hosts. Before you go, make sure the campgrounds are not under anyevacuation warnings.
The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21-15 as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety. For additional information, visit the PNF Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Forest Order 05-11-00-21-16 (Phases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire Emergency Area, Road, Trail, and Developed Recreation Site Closure Order) https://tinyurl.com/74hf8rk3
Lassen Volcanic National Park: All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff's Office, Lassen County Sheriff's Office, Tehama County Sheriff's Office, Shasta County Sheriff's Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad|