Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 10:44 AM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 592-0838
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
Wildlife Disaster network: Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
Wildlife Disaster network: Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Lassen National Forest and National Park Service
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
Dixie Fire West Zone
As predicted, yesterday’s warmer temperatures and dry northeast winds resulted in increased fire
activity in unburned areas within containment lines. Smoke was visible along Grizzly Ridge and in areas
near Old Station. Firefighters, engines, and water tenders identified and actively suppressed several
hotspots within 100 feet of the firelines.
• With the current warming and drying trend and changing winds, firefighters will remain vigilant for
potential changes in fire behavior. Winds will shift to the southwest this afternoon, with gusts up to 20
mph possible. Temperatures are predicted to rise into the 80s on ridgelines and 90s in valleys, with
humidity in the teens.
• On the northwest side of the fire on Hat Creek Rim, crews are holding and improving the remaining
uncontained fireline, searching for and extinguishing all areas of lingering heat that could pose a threat
to containment lines. Patrol, mop-up, and backhaul of excess firefighting equipment continues elsewhere
around the fire perimeter.
• Suppression repair is underway in areas affected by fire-suppression activities.
• The public is advised to be cautious along local roadways as fire traffic will be present conducting
patrols and suppression repair.
Closures and Evacuations
Lassen and Shasta County Sheriffs’ Offices have no evacuation orders in effect.
The Lassen National Forest Dixie Fire Closure Order is in effect until November 30, 2021, to provide safety for our firefighters and the public: www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/lassen/alerts-notices/?aid=67821.