Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 9:45 PM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 538-7826
Media Line: (530) 588-0845
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
Wildlife Disaster network: Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
Wildlife Disaster network: Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
West Zone Information Line: (530) 255-4023
East Zone Information Line: (530) 289-6735
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department, Lassen National Forest and National Park Service
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
LASSEN COUNTY AND SHASTA COUNTY NEW ROAD CLOSURE
WHAT: Road closure in Lassen County and Shasta County due to fire activity.
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: County Road A-21 is closed at State Route 36 at the Westwood Wye
State Route 44 is closed between Old Station and State Route 36.
Alternate Route, State Route 36 will be open to piloted one way traffic through the Ferdonia Summit towards Susanville.
NOTE: California Highway Patrol – https://cad.chp.ca.gov/ Caltrans – https://roads.dot.ca.gov/ or http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/
NEW EVACUATION ORDER AND WARNING ISSUED
The emergency alert zone map can be accessed at: community.zonehaven.com
A NEW MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDER has been issued for:
- North of Hwy 44 from Forest Route 33NO2 east to County Rd A21 and north to Crater Lake Campground – Zones LAS-E035-F
A NEW EVACUATION WARNING has been issued for:
- Antelope Mountain and Campbell Mountain area east of County Rd A21 and west of County Rd A1 – Zone LAS-E035-B and E035-I
ALL PREVIOUSLY ISSUED ORDERS AND WARNINGS REMAIN IN PLACE
Safety Message: People under evacuation order should leave immediately. Those under warning who require assistance and those with pets and livestock should leave now. Use caution, drive with your headlights on and yield to emergency personnel. Call dispatch for assistance evacuating 530-257-6121. If you are in need of emergency shelter, call (530)250-9004. Deputies will be going door to door to make notifications.
Dixie Fire West Zone: Firefighters continue to aggressively fight active fire on several fronts, as elevated wind conditions persist and contribute to irratic fire behavior. Red flag warnings are in place through Tuesday night. Aircraft will continue to provide support as conditions allow. Firefighters continue to patrol fire lines, reinforce primary control lines, and establish secondary and contingency lines. Fire continues to burn in steep and rugged terrain.
Residents are encouraged to stay vigilant and to monitor evacuation information and road closures, including social media and local, law enforcement websites, for the most current information. Residents will see smoke coming from trees and stumps for days following their return. Proceed with caution because burned out areas may have unseen hazards. Residents are encouraged to call 911 if they are concerned about any active flames near their homes or businesses.
Dixie Fire East Zone: Low relative humidity and Red Flag warnings are expected to continue through Tuesday evening. Strong southwest winds created extreme fire behavior, resulting in large columns of smoke that continued to challenge firefighters on Grizzly Ridge. Fire Crews shored up the dozer lines, along Grizzly ridge as they add depth and continue to firmly hold the line. Dozer lines are are being extended east of Grizzly ridge to tie the fire back in to the Walker scar. Mop up continues in Genesee Valley and into Taylorsville with tactical patrols on active look out for any hot spots and responding to any smoke reports. New contingency lines are being added between the fire, Greenhorn, Portola, and the communities further south all the way around North Lake Davis to protect the homes, should the need arise.
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
- CAL FIRE https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
- USFS Information https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuation zones may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Damage Assessment Maps
Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE)
Plumas County Recovery Information
Plumas County Evacuation Orders:
- Long Valley and north of Seneca areas [PLU Zone 004B]
- Canyon Dam [PLU Zone 5C]
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road [PLU Zone 006]
- Hwy 36 south to the west side of Hwy 89, including Mud Lake, Soldiers Meadows, and Shanghai Creek area, south to Humbug Road, and west to Butte County line [PLU Zone 006A]
- Humbug Humboldt Cross Rd. at SR89, south along Humbug Humboldt Rd. to the intersection with Humboldt Rd., west to the Round Valley Creek and Deer Creek intersect, north along the Tehama County Line to the intersection SR36, east along SR36 to the intersection of SR89, south along SR89 to the intersection with Humbug Humboldt Cross Rd.
- From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mountain Road to the County Line, and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the south side of the highway to the county line. [PLU Zone 007] [PLU Zone 6B]
- Chester Juniper Lake Road north, Hwy 312 northwest, Forest Road 28N61 north west. [PLU Zone 008A]
- Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls [PLU Zone 11]
- North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of North Valley Rd. Residents of Diamond Mtn. Rd can return home. [PLU Zone 013]
- Greenville area [PLU Zone 014]
- Taylorsville [PLU Zone 15A]
- East side of Mt. Hough, east to Tower Rock, and the south edge of Genesee. Includes Emigrant Rd. (PLU Zone 16A)
- Peters Creek Area, North Arm [PLU Zone 18A/B]
- Only residents of Diamond Mountain Road are permitted to return home, and can only go up Diamond Mountain Road to Lights Creek Lane; there is a road closure just past Lights Creek Lane. Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen line, and east to Diamond Mountain area, south to Lone Rock [PLU Zone 19]
- Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor Diggins Mine [PLU Zone 020]
- Grizzly/Tower: Beckwourth Genesee Rd south of Antelope Lake Rd to Grizzly Ridge and North of Argentine Lookout [PLU Zone 21]
- ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of Beckwourth Genesee Road. (PLU Zone: 027)
- Mine Road, north portion of Beckwourth Genesee Road. [PLU Zone 28]
- Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Fruit Growers Blvd. [PLU Zone 29]
- Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the Plumas/Lassen Line, East to the Plumas Lassen Line, including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, Indian Creek Road, Diamond Mountain Way, and the area of Thompson Creek & Boulder Creek. [PLU Zone 30]
- The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, North to the area of Drum Bridge, North to the area of Babcock crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to 25N05, West to Beckwourth Genesee road. (PLU Zone: 031)
- Ingalis: South of Beckwourth Genesee Road to the NW side of Lake Davis along Grizzly Ridge to the west and including the Walker Mine [PLU Zone 33]
- North of Lake Davis from the intersection of Beckwourth-Taylorsville Road and the Bagley pass Road, north to Zone 31 [PLU 35-A]
- Lake Davis, north of Lake Davis Road to Gate Place, includes all sides of Lake Davis [PLU 35-B]
- Manzanita Mtn. Echo Lake areas. North of Hwy 36 [PLU Zone 38]
- SwainMtn, Echo lake, Star Butte area [PLU Zone 39]
- Sifford Mountain, North Stover Mountain [PLU Zone 40]
- Harkness and Warner Valley, Kelly Mountain [PLU Zone 041]
Plumas County Evacuation Warnings:
- Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt Valley Reservoir [PLU Zone 3]
- The community of Seneca south to Hwy70 [PLU Zone 4A]
- East shore of Highway 147 [PLU Zone 010]
- Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89 [PLU Zone 011]
- Crescent Mills [PLU Zone 014A]
- North of Mt. Hough, west of Taylorsville [PLU Zone 15]
- Mt. Hough north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road, and Oakland Campground area [PLU Zone 016B]
- North side of Chandler Road from Quincy Jct. Rd east to Hwy 70 and the north side of Hwy 70 from Chandler Rd east to just west of Massack.[PLU Zone 17-C and 17-D]
- Hwy 70 at Massack, east to the east side of Lee Summit and everything north of those locations to the area of Argentine Rock and the south boundary of Zone 21. This includes Greenhorn and the north side of Spring Garden [PLU Zone 22-A]
- Hwy 70 at the east side of Lee Summit, east to the area of Hwy 70 and Mohawk Vista West entrance and everything north of those locations to the area of Happy Valley and the south boundary of Zone 33. This includes the north side of Sloat, Cromberg, Mt. Tomba, and the north side of Hwy 70 near Blairsden [PLU 32-A]
- Dixie Mountain, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line, to include, Jordan Flats, Ferris Flat, Fitch Canyon and Cottonwood Mountain. (PLU Zone: 034)
- North side of Delleker. Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Rd, east to Hwy 70 at West Street (Portola) and everything north to Smith Peak.[PLU 35-C]
- North side of Hwy 70 from Mohawk Vista Drive west entrance, east to Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Road and everything north to Smith Peak and Five Points. This includes the area of Mohawk Vista.[PLU 36-A]
- North side of Delleker. Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Rd, east to Hwy 70 at West Street (Portola) and everything north to Smith Peak.[PLU 36-C]
- East of Crocker Mountain toward Reconnaissance Peak and Dixie Mountain and from the Beckwourth Genesee Road at 23N53 north to 28N01 [PLU 37]
- Beckwourth-Genesee Road at USFS road 23N53, north to Zone 7. From Crocker Mtn east toward reconnaissance Peak. [PLU 42-A]
- North side of Beckwourth. North side of Hwy 70 from County Rd A23, east to County Rd A24 and north toward Table Rock [PLU 42-C]
- North side of Portola. Hwy 70 at West Street east to Hwy 70 at A23 (Beckwourth-Calpine Road) and everything north to the southern edge of 35-B (south of Lake Davis) [PLU 42-D]
- Sugar Loaf: Frenchman Road near Bloomer Lake Road, north to the county line, and the Plumas side of Doyle Grade [PLU Zone 43A]
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Butte County Resources:
- Butte County Website: http://www.buttecounty.net/
- Sheriff Website: http://www.buttecounty.net/sheriffcoroner
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bcsonews
- Sheriff Twitter: @ButteSheriff
- Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/4nm69873
- North of Hwy 36 south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County Line east to Devil’s Corral – Zones LAS-E027-A, E029-A, E028
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area – Zone LAS-E031A&B
- South of Hwy 36 south and east of Mtn Meadows Reservoir east to Coppervale – Zones LAS-E019, EO18, E026, E017-A
- Janesville and Milford east of the Plumas County Ln from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade along the mountain side (unpopulated area) Zones LAS-E012-K, E010-B, C, F
- Janesville and Milford west of Hwy 395 from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade and west to the base of the mountains (unpopulated area) Zones LAS-E012-F, J LAS-E010-G&H LAS-E010A, D, E and LAS-E009-B
- Milford west (mountain side) of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade south to the intersection of County Rd A26 Garnier Rd - Zones LAS-E009-A and E001-A
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Korver Rd and south to Gold Run Rd Zone LAS-E016-G
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area – Zones LAS-E020, EO23, E027-B, E029-B
- Bizz Johnson Trail area south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to Miller Crossing and south to Bauer Rd – Zone LAS-016-B, D, E
- Willard Creek Rd south of Hwy 36 and Korver Rd from Hwy 36 south to the fork of Korver Rd – Zones LAS-E016-A and E017-C
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir – Zones LAS-E030-A & B
- Bogard area north of Hwy 44 from Pittville Rd east to County Rd A21 and north to Blacks Mountain, Harvey Mountain and south of Ashurst Lake – Zones LAS-E035-D,E,F,G
- West of County Rd A1 from the A21 intersection north to Forest Services Route 32NO2 – Zone LAS-E035-C
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
- TEH C18 - for the area of Wilson Lake.
- TEH C19 - for the area to the east of Wilson Lake, to the Tehama/Plumas County line.
- TEH B17 and C17: for the area of Childs Meadows/HighlandsResort. This will include subzones 228 and 227 Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH 1 (D17): for the Wilson Creek, Slate Creek, and Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH 1 (D18, D19, E18, E19): for the St. Bernard’s Lodge and ElamCarter Creek areas
- T Zone 1- Includes the area of Colby Creek. The order will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the Tehama County Line to the intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
- Hat Creek Rim east to the Shasta County Line and south of SR-44
- The areas of Hat Creek and Old Station for both sides of SR-44 from Big Pines
Road north of Brians Way
Plumas County/Lassen County:
- Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy (large animals)
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy (small animals)
- Recreation Center 101 Meadowview Lane, Chester
- If you need assistance with animals contact Plumas County Animal Services at 283-3673 or 283-6300. Large animals/livestock can also be accommodated.
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff (large and small animals)
- Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
- Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
- Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed.
- SR-36 is closed between Mooney Rd in Westwood to the junctions of SR-44
- Janesville Grade @ “Granite Lookout.”
- Indian Falls Road @ SR-89. No westbound Indian Falls Road traffic.
- Greenville Wolf Creek Road just west of SR-89. No westbound Greenville Wolf Creek Road traffic.
- Pecks Valley Road northbound @ North Valley Road eastbound.
- North Valley Road northbound @ North Arm Road.
- Dixie Valley Road @ SR-89. No northbound Dixie Valley Road traffic.
- Arlington Road eastbound at Viacava Ranch Road. No eastbound Arlington Road traffic.
- Main Street both directions @ SR-89
- Beckwourth Genesee Road westbound @ Antelope Road
National Forest Closures:
USDA Forest Service has temporarily closed nine Northern California National Forests for Public Safety. (See Regional Order No. 21-04: Emergency Forest Closure and Press Release) The closure order includes:
- Tahoe National Forest
- Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
- Plumas National Forest
- Lassen National Forest
- Mendocino National Forest
- Klamath National Forest
- Six Rivers National Forest
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Modoc National Forest.
Bureau of Land Management
The Bizz Johnson National Recreation Trail near Susanville, as the Bureau of Land Management, has rescinded a temporary emergency closure associated with the Dixie Fire. Also reopened are the Hobo Camp and Devil’s Corral trailheads and all other BLM-managed lands that were affected by the emergency closure that went into effect on Aug. 16. This includes BLM-managed lands south of California Highway 36, west of U. S. 395. and north and east of the Lassen National Forest boundary.
Lassen National Forest: Eagle Lake and Hat Creek Campsites available for evacuees. Contact Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-338-8745. Evacuees need to check in with the campsite's hosts. Before you go, make sure the campgrounds are not under any evacuation warnings.
Lassen Volcanic National Park: All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff's Office, Lassen County Sheriff's Office, Tehama County Sheriff's Office, Shasta County Sheriff's Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad|