Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 7:24 PM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 538-7826
Media Line: (530) 588-0845
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
Wildlife Disaster network: Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
Wildlife Disaster network: Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
West Zone Information Line: (530) 592-0838
East Zone Information Line: (530) 289-6735
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department, Lassen National Forest and National Park Service
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
Dixie Fire West Zone:Today crews worked in Lassen Volcanic National Park to remove dangerous dead standing trees. Tomorrow crews plan to use mechanical equipment to remove dead trees that are a threat to firefighters safety. This will enable firefighters to work directly on the fires edge to complete black line in the area. Resources have been able to hold the line by HWY 44. There were a few calls for service reporting hot spots in the Westwood and Almanor areas that were easily mitigated. Crews continue to conduct patrol and mop up in the Janesville area. Several resources from the West Zone have moved to assist the East Zone near Davis Lake and along the 395 corridors. Crews completed structure defense, building dozer and hand lines around the houses, in the event fire comes over the escarpment. Fixed wing aircraft is currently flying over the fire area this evening.
Residents are encouraged to stay vigilant and to monitor evacuation information and road closures, including social media and local law enforcement websites for the most current information. Residents will see smoke coming from trees and stumps for days following their return. Proceed with caution because burned out areas may have unseen hazards. Residents are encouraged to call 911 if they are concerned about any active flames near their homes or businesses. Damage assessment remains ongoing. Change in threatened structures due to new Evacuation Warnings in Lassen, Plumas and Shasta County
Dixie Fire East Zone:As of late Thursday afternoon, the head of the fire that grew eight miles yesterday northeast of Queen Creek towards Black Mountain had reached the escarpment above HWY 395. Firefighters, working closely with the West Zone, were building dozer line on either side of the fingershaped blaze, but spot fires on the southeast flank were hampering that effort as the fire progressed into the Dixie Mountain State Game Refuge. Crews were also in Milford conducting structure protection. In the Clover Valley area, crews were continuing to build dozer line on the northeast side of Turner Ridge to connect with forest road 177. Aircraft was assisting with water and retardant drops to cool and smother the fireline and spots. Completed line from the west side of Lake Davis to Grizzly Ridge and north to Taylorsville continued to be reinforced and was holding well to protect the HYW 70 corridor. Structure protection remains in place within Clover Valley, Dixie Valley, Genesee, Taylorsville, Greenhorn, and Cromberg.
For more information on the Dixie Fire, click the following links:
- CAL FIRE https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
- USFS Information https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
- Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE) https://tinyurl.com/2m9en9t4
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuation zones may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Plumas County Recovery Information: https://tinyurl.com/c8c8s5rd
Plumas County/Lassen County:
- Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
- Sparks Convention Center Hall #5, 4590 S. Virginia St., Reno, NV
- American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy (large animals)
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy (small animals)
- Recreation Center 101 Meadowview Lane, Chester
- If you need assistance with animals contact Plumas County Animal Services at 283-3673 or 283-6300. Large animals/livestock can also be accommodated.
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff (large and small animals)
- Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
- Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
- Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed.
- Janesville Grade @ “Granite Lookout.”
- Indian Falls Road @ SR-89. No westbound Indian Falls Road traffic.
- Greenville Wolf Creek Road just west of SR-89. No westbound Greenville Wolf Creek Road traffic.
- Pecks Valley Road northbound @ North Valley Road eastbound.
- North Valley Road northbound @ North Arm Road.
- Dixie Valley Road @ SR-89. No northbound Dixie Valley Road traffic.
- Arlington Road eastbound at Viacava Ranch Road. No eastbound Arlington Road traffic.
- Main Street both directions @ SR-89
- Beckwourth Genesee Road westbound @ Antelope Road
National Forest Closures
The Pacific Southwest Region is temporarily closing all R5 National Forests to provide better public and firefighter safety due to extreme fire conditions throughout the state and strained firefighting resources throughout the country. This closure will be effective on Tuesday, August 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. through September 17, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. This Order does not affect the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, which is not in the Pacific Southwest Region.
The Lassen National Forest's Order No. 06-21-08: Expanded Dixie Fire Closure Order prohibits the public from entering within the Dixie Fire Closure Area or any National Forest System Roads or trails described in Exhibits A & B. (https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd940211.pdf). This Order is in effect until November 30, 2021.
The Plumas National Forest’s Order No. 05-11-00-21-21: Dixie Fire Phases 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Expanded Closure Order prohibits the public from entering within the Dixie Fire Closure Area or any National Forest System road or trail described in Exhibit A and B. (https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd940207.pdf). This Order is in effect until September 30, 2021.
Bureau of Land Management
The Bizz Johnson National Recreation Trail near Susanville, as the Bureau of Land Management, has rescinded a temporary emergency closure associated with the Dixie Fire. Also reopened are the Hobo Camp and Devil’s Corral trailheads and all other BLM-managed lands that were affected by the emergency closure that went into effect on Aug. 16. This includes BLM-managed lands south of California Highway 36, west of U. S. 395. and north and east of the Lassen National Forest boundary.
Lassen National Forest: The Lassen National Forest has the Christine Campground on Eagle Lake Ranger District and the Bridge Campground on the Hat Creek Ranger District available for evacuees. Evacuee's primary residence must be under mandatory evacuation and need to check in with the campsite's hosts. Before you go, make sure the campgrounds are not under any evacuation warnings. Contact Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-338-8745.
Lassen Volcanic National Park: All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
Plumas Evacuee Campsites: Plumas National Forest - Campgrounds available to evacuees include Meadow Camp, Rock Creek, and Deanes Valley Campgrounds in the Meadow Valley area, in addition to Red Bridge Campground off La Porte Road. Contact the Plumas National Forest Supervisors Office at (530) 283-2050 or the Mt. Hough Ranger District at (530) 283-0555 for more information.
Plumas County Evacuations
Plumas County Evacuation Orders:
- Beckwourth Genesee Road east through Dixie Valley Rd to the Plumas County line and north to the Plumas County line. This includes Dixie Valley and Frenchman Lake. [PLU 34, PLU 37, PLU 43-A and 43-B]
- Long Valley and north of Seneca areas [PLU Zone 004B]
- Canyon Dam [PLU Zone 5C]
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road [PLU Zone 006]
- Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls [PLU Zone 11]
- Greenville area [PLU Zone 014]
- Taylorsville [PLU Zone 15A]
- East side of Mt. Hough, east to Tower Rock, and the south edge of Genesee. Includes Emigrant Rd. (PLU Zone 16A)
- Only residents of Diamond Mountain Road are permitted to return home, and can only go up Diamond Mountain Road to Lights Creek Lane; there is a road closure just past Lights Creek Lane. Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen line, and east to Diamond Mountain area, south to Lone Rock [PLU Zone 19]
- Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor Diggins Mine [PLU Zone 020]
- Grizzly/Tower: Beckwourth Genesee Rd south of Antelope Lake Rd to Grizzly Ridge and North of Argentine Lookout [PLU Zone 21]
- ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of Beckwourth Genesee Road. (PLU Zone: 027)
- Mine Road, north portion of Beckwourth Genesee Road. [PLU Zone 28]
- Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Fruit Growers Blvd. [PLU Zone 29]
- Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the Plumas/Lassen Line, East to the Plumas Lassen Line, including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, Indian Creek Road, Diamond Mountain Way, and the area of Thompson Creek & Boulder Creek. [PLU Zone 30]
- The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, North to the area of Drum Bridge, North to the area of Babcock crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to 25N05, West to Beckwourth Genesee road. (PLU Zone: 031)
- Ingalis: South of Beckwourth Genesee Road to the NW side of Lake Davis along Grizzly Ridge to the west and including the Walker Mine [PLU Zone 33]
- North of Lake Davis from the intersection of Beckwourth-Taylorsville Road and the Bagley pass Road, north to Zone 31 [PLU 35-A]
- Lake Davis, north of Lake Davis Road to Gate Place, includes all sides of Lake Davis [PLU 35-B]
- Harkness and Warner Valley, Kelly Mountain [PLU Zone 041]
Plumas County Evacuation Warnings:
- Manzanita Mtn. Echo Lake areas. North of Hwy 36 [PLU Zone 38]
- Swain Mtn, Echo lake, Star Butte area [PLU Zone 39]
- Sifford Mountain, North Stover Mountain [PLU Zone 40]
- Peters Creek Area, North Arm [PLU Zone 18A/B]
- North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of North Valley Rd. Residents of Diamond Mtn. Rd can return home. [PLU Zone 013]
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road [PLU Zone 006]
- Hwy 36 south to the west side of Hwy 89, including Mud Lake, Soldiers Meadows, and Shanghai Creek area, south to Humbug Road, and west to Butte County line [PLU Zone 006A]
- From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mountain Road to the County Line, and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the south side of the highway to the county line. [PLU Zone 007]
- Chester Juniper Lake Road north, Hwy 312 northwest, Forest Road 28N61 north west. [PLU Zone 008A]Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road [PLU Zone 006]
- Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt Valley Reservoir [PLU Zone 3]
- The community of Seneca south to Hwy70 [PLU Zone 4A]
- East shore of Highway 147 [PLU Zone 010]
- Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89 [PLU Zone 011]
- Crescent Mills [PLU Zone 014A]
- North of Mt. Hough, west of Taylorsville [PLU Zone 15]
- Mt. Hough north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road, and Oakland Campground area [PLU Zone 016B]
- North side of Chandler Road from Quincy Jct. Rd east to Hwy 70 and the north side of Hwy 70 from Chandler Rd east to just west of Massack.[PLU Zone 17-C and 17-D]
- Hwy 70 at Massack, east to the east side of Lee Summit and everything north of those locations to the area of Argentine Rock and the south boundary of Zone 21. This includes Greenhorn and the north side of Spring Garden [PLU Zone 22-A]
- Hwy 70 at the east side of Lee Summit, east to the area of Hwy 70 and Mohawk Vista West entrance and everything north of those locations to the area of Happy Valley and the south boundary of Zone 33. This includes the north side of Sloat, Cromberg, Mt. Tomba, and the north side of Hwy 70 near Blairsden [PLU 32-A]
- North side of Delleker. Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Rd, east to Hwy 70 at West Street (Portola) and everything north to Smith Peak.[PLU 35-C].
- North side of Hwy 70 from Mohawk Vista Drive west entrance, east to Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Road and everything north to Smith Peak and Five Points. This includes the area of Mohawk Vista.[PLU 36-A].
- North side of Delleker. Hwy 70 at Willow Creek Rd, east to Hwy 70 at West Street (Portola) and everything north to Smith Peak.[PLU 36-C].
- Beckwourth-Genesee Road at USFS road 23N53, north to Zone 7. From Crocker Mtn east toward reconnaissance Peak. [PLU 42-A].
- North side of Beckwourth. North side of Hwy 70 from County Rd A23, east to County Rd A24 and north toward Table Rock [PLU 42-C].
- North side of Portola. Hwy 70 at West Street east to Hwy 70 at A23
(Beckwourth-Calpine Road) and everything north to the southern edge of 35-B (south of Lake Davis) [PLU 42-D].
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Lassen County Evacuations
- Milford and Herlong area east (lake side) of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade intersection south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd east to Pole Line Rd north of A25 and east to but NOT including Sierra Army Depot on the south side of A25– Zone LAS-002-B, Zones LASE008-A,
- Milford area west (mountain side) of Hwy 395 from Raker Place south to the intersection of County Rd A26/Garnier Rd – Zones LAS-E010-A, E009-A&B, E001A
- North of Hwy 44 from Forest Route 33NO2 east to County Rd A21 and north to Crater Lake Campground – Zones LAS-E035-FNorth of Hwy 36 south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County Line east to Devil’s Corral – Zones LAS-E027-A, E029-A, E028
- North of Hwy 36 south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County Line east to Devil’s Corral – Zones LAS-E027-A, E029-A, E028
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area – Zone LAS-E031A&B
- South of Hwy 36 south and east of Mtn Meadows Reservoir east to Coppervale – Zones LAS-E019, EO18, E026, E017-A
- Janesville and Milford east of the Plumas County Ln from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade along the mountain side (unpopulated area) Zones LAS-E012-K, E010-B, C, F
- North Doyle area west of Hwy 395 from the County Rd A26 intersection south to Berniece Ln and all roads accessed by Pickens Rd –
Zones LAS E001-C, D, E
- Herlong area north of County Rd A25 from Long Valley Creek East to Pole Line Rd – Zone LAS-E053-B
- Milford area east (lake side) of Hwy 395 from the Thunder Mountain Rd intersection south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd. This includes the south side of County Rd A25 east to but NOT including Sierra Army Depot – Zones LAS-E011-A, E008-A, B, E002-B, C
- Antelope Mountain and Campbell Mountain area east of County Rd A21 and west of County Rd A1 – Zone LAS-E035-B and E035-I
- Janesville and Milford west of Hwy 395 from Janesville Grade south to Milford Grade and west to the base of the mountains (unpopulated area) Zones LAS-E012-F, J LAS-E010-G&H LAS-E010A, D, E and LAS-E009-B
- Milford west (mountain side) of Hwy 395 from Milford Grade south to the intersection of County Rd A26 Garnier Rd - Zones LAS-E009-A and E001-A
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Korver Rd and south to Gold Run Rd Zone LAS-E016-G
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area – Zones LAS-E020, EO23, E027-B, E029-B
- Bizz Johnson Trail area south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to Miller Crossing and south to Bauer Rd – Zone LAS-016-B, D, E
- Willard Creek Rd south of Hwy 36 and Korver Rd from Hwy 36 south to the fork of Korver Rd – Zones LAS-E016-A and E017-C
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir – Zones LAS-E030-A & B
- Bogard area north of Hwy 44 from Pittville Rd east to County Rd A21 and north to Blacks Mountain, Harvey Mountain and south of Ashurst Lake – Zones LAS-E035-D,E,F,G
- West of County Rd A1 from the A21 intersection north to Forest Services Route 32NO2 – Zone LAS-E035-C
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Tehama County Evacuations
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
Shasta County Evacuations
- Hat Creek Rim east to the Shasta County Line and south of SR-44
- The areas of Hat Creek and Old Station for both sides of SR-44 from Big Pines
Road north of Brians Way
Shasta County Resources:
- Shasta County Website: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index.aspx
- Sheriff Website: https://www.co.shasta.ca.us/index/sheriff
- Shasta 2-1-1 Dixie Info: https://www.211disasterupdate.com/dixie-fire
- Wildfire Info Map: https://tinyurl.com/fpsamrwr
- Code Red Sign Up: https://tinyurl.com/26ufjhn3
Residents are encouraged to sign up for the Code Red Emergency Alert System to receive important time-sensitive messages regarding critical local emergencies.
- Water Tenders
- Air Tankers
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff's Office, Lassen County Sheriff's Office, Tehama County Sheriff's Office, Shasta County Sheriff's Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad|