Incident Update Dixie Fire
- 7:45 AM
Butte County Sheriff Office (Evacuation Information): 833-512-5378
Information Line: (530) 538-7826
Media Line: (530) 521-8265
Assistance for Plumas County Residents: (530) 283-6300
Assistance for animals (including large animals/ livestock): (530) 283-3673 or (530) 283-6300
Wildlife Disaster network: Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
Wildlife Disaster network: Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
- Dixie Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Above the Cresta Dam, Feather River Canyon
- Under Investigation
- Butte, Plumas
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Butte Unit/Butte County Fire Department, Lassen National Forest and National Park Service
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
Dixie Fire West Zone: While fire remained active for most of the night, increased humidity in the early morning hours slowed fire activity. Active ground fire remained but did not threaten control lines. A much milder weather pattern is expected today and into the middle of next week. Crews continue working to strengthen control lines. Damage assessment is ongoing, and the number of damaged and destroyed structures may change as teams are able to access the fire area safely.
Northern California has experienced large fire activity and will likely experience an extended fire season. Fires burning in northern California are exhibiting extreme fire growth based on critical fuel conditions. The prioritization of resources is always based on life, property, and natural resources. Under these drought conditions, wildfires are burning rapidly with extreme severity and have traveled up to 8 miles in a single day. Fuel conditions are much worse than previous years and along with wind is causing much greater fire spread. Firefighters are experiencing conditions never seen before, such as increased spread rates, spotting and active nighttime burning. We coordinate very closely with the US Forest Service and CalOES for our local and out of state partners, to ensure resource availability.
Dixie Fire East Zone:Red Flag conditions yesterday included increased winds out of the West and Southwest with gusts up to 30 mph. On the eastern edge of the fire near Milford, the fire crossed the line and winds quickly drove fire towards structures. Crews, equipment, and engines were in place to protect the community and minimize impacts. Assessments are ongoing. Today, firefighters will continue to reinforce the lines and work to minimize any spread towards Milford. On the west side near the Janesville Grade, firefighters will use direct dozer lines to hold the fire perimeter in place. Spot fires continue to created challenging conditions. The southern edge continues to back down to the north end of the Walker fire scar, where crews are reinforcing the line at Boulder Road. In Genesee Valley firefighters continue to do structure prep and point protection as the fire continues to challenge the Genesee Valley Road.
Dixie Fire Evacuation Map:
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
- CAL FIRE https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents
- USFS Information https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7690/
**Refer to the Evacuation Map for up-to-date notices. All evacuation zones may not be listed on this fact sheet.
Damage Assessment Maps
Dixie Fire Structure Status Map (CAL FIRE)
Plumas County Recovery Information
- Sugar Loaf (PLU Zone 43a) Frenchman Road near Bloomer Lake Road, north to the county line, and the Plumas side of Doyle Grade.
- East side of Mt. Hough, east to Tower Rock and the south edge of Genesee. Includes Emigrant Rd. Zone: 16A
- Ingalis (P Zone 33) South of Beckwourth Genesee Rd to the NW side of Lake Davis along Grizzly Ridge to the west and including the Walker Mine.
- Grizzly/Tower (P Zone 21) Beckwourth Genesee Rd south of Antelope Lake Rd to Grizzly Ridge and North of Argentine Lookout.
- Silver Lake (west of Meadow Valley)
- Caribou Rd north to the Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd intersection - This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt ValleyReservoir
- PrattvilleButtReservoirRoadand everything west to theButte/Plumas
- Humbug Road from the intersection of the Humbug-Humboldt Road west to the Butte County line and everything south of the Humbug Road in under a Mandatory EvacuationOrder.
- The community of Seneca south to Hwy70
- Round Valley Reservoir, Dixie Canyon, Indian Falls
- Long Valley (west of Round Valley), Dixie Canyon south to Indian Falls,south of Indian Falls to the Hwy 70/89 Junction.
- Dixie Mountain, north to the Plumas Lassen County Line, to include, Jordan Flats, Ferris Flat, Fitch Canyon and Cottonwood Mountain.
- Northwest of Round Valley Lake to Long Valley Mine and north to Hwy 89
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to
- Everything west of Hwy 89/36 Junction
- West along the south side of Hwy 36 to the County Line and south of Hwy 36 to rock lake and west to the County Line.
- ALL OF GENESEE VALLEY, southeast of Taylorsville up the Genesee Rd to just south of Babcock Crossing, Walker Mine Road, north portion of Beckwouth Genesee Road.
- The unpopulated area of Babcock Crossing, Elephants Playground, and Murdock Crossing areas. This includes Beckwourth-Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, North to area of Drum Bridge, North to area of Babcock crossing. East to Big Flat Spring, South to25N05, West to Beckwourth Genesee road.
- South of Antelope Lake and northeast of Genesee Valley.
- East of Hwy 147 at CO A-13, to little Dyer Mtn, southeast to DyerMtn. NEW roadblock at Hwy 147 and Old Haun Road.
- North and Eastern parts of Indian Valley, from upper Williams Valley and upper Pecks Valley east to include all portions of NorthValley Rd, Diamond Mtn Rd, and North Arm.
- From the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction, north along Stover Mtn. Rd to the County Line and west from the Hwy 89/Hwy 36 Junction along the south side of the highway to the CountyLine
- Chester, from the Hwy36/Hwy89 Junction, east to the causeway, both sides of Hwy 36 throughChester to the Lake Almanor edge and to north to the County Line.
- Heart “K” Ranch, Includes Taylor Diggins Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the border to Zone 28, west to the Taylor Diggins Mine.
- Lone Rock, Includes Moonlight Valley, Engel Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Blvd. USFS Rd. 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen line, and east to Diamond Mountainarea, south to Lone Rock.
- Antelope, includes the area surrounding Antelope Lake, North to the Plumas/Lassen Line as well as East to the Plumas Lassen Line, including Fruit Growers Blvd USFS Road 28N32, IndianCreek Road, Diamond Mountain Way the area of Thompson Creek and Boulder Creek.
- High Lakes (Plumas County) Recreational area of Plumas County east of the Butte/Plumas Countyline
- Rush Creek
- Butterfly Valley, Keddie to Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, SnakeLake
- This includes Spanish Creek Campground,Round House Rd Old Highway W.
- East side of Keddie, Round House Road and Old Hwy (WEST)
- Hwy 70 at Black Hawk Rd, south to Barlow Rd and everything west to SnakeLake
- Mt. Hough, from north of Quincy to south of Arlington Road
- Oakland Camp
- Crescent Mills
- Plumas/Butte County line east to Twain
- Includes both sides of Hwy 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie.
- Tobin,Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain. DOES NOT INCLUDE RUSH CREEK RD
- Town of Chester Proper, West Shore, Prattville, West Almanor, Peninsula, Hamilton Branch, area of Big Meadows, and East Shore. Residents along
Hwy 147 is a reduction from an Order to a Warning to Residents only. All areas outside residents in the Forest are still under the existing Forest Closure Orders.
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Evacuation Order: None
- Butte Meadows: This will include Humboldt Rd at Thatcher Ridge, up to Cherry Hill Campgrounds, north to the Butte/Tehama County lines.
- Jonesville area: The Warning will encompass State Route 32 at the Butte/Tehama County line, east to the area of Cherry Hill Campground, southeast to Snag Lake, southwest to Skyway at Bull Creek, north along Skyway to Humboldt Road.
- Snag Lake area: This will include Humbug Summit Rd at the Butte/Plumas County lines, southwest across Snag Lake to Humbug Summit Rd and Skyway. This warning includes the area surrounding High Lakes Rd near the Carr Mine.
- Lake Philbrook area: This area includes Philbrook Lake south to Browns
Ravine Rd just east of 25N22, east to the Butte/Plumas County lines.
- South of Hwy 36 from Devil’s Corral east to Britt Ln and Thumper Hill and south to Cheney Creek Rd
- Bizz Johnson Trail area south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to Miller Crossing and south to Bauer Rd
- Janesville and Milford west of Hwy 395 from the Bass Hill area south to County Rd A26/Garnier Rd
- Janesville and Milford east of Hwy 395 from A3/Standish Buntingville Rd south to the Flux Rd intersection
- Susan River Canyon/Cheney Creek area south of Hwy 36 from Willard Hill east to Korver Rd and south to the intersection of Cheney Cr. Rd and dirt Gold Run Rd.
- Clear Creek, Westwood, and Pine Town area south of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County line east to the Willard Hill area.
- North of Hwy 36 from the Lassen County Line east to Coppervale.
- The area south of Hwy 44 from the Lassen County line east to McCoy Flat including Silver Lake, Juniper Lake, and the Caribou Wilderness Area.
- Lake Forest Estates and Eagle Lake Road A1 from Hwy 36 north to the County Access gate and east to Prattville Rd and north to Paiute Creek.
- The area west of Richmond Rd and south of Hwy 36 from Thumper Hill east to S Weatherlow St and south to Gold Run Rd
- Diamond Mountain area from Forest Service Rd 29NO2 south to the Lassen County line
- West of Richmond Rd from Gold Run Rd south to Childrens Rd but not including roads immediately adjacent to the Golf Course
- East of Hwy 395 from Flux Rd south to the Herlong Access Rd A25
- Area south of Hwy 44, north of Hwy 36, west to Hog Flat Reservoir
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Damage Inspection Map: https://arcg.is/0GvCeX
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions provided
by mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas.
Per the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office:
- TEH C16: The area of Fire Mountain Lodge. Thiswill include subzones 221, 222, 223, 224,225, 226, 228
- TEH B16: The area north of Mineral
- TEH D16
- The town of Mineral
- TEH B17 and C17: for the area of Childs Meadows/HighlandsResort. This will include subzones 228 and 227 Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH 1 (D17): for the Wilson Creek, Slate Creek, and Area of Mill Creek, south of Lassen Volcanic Park
- TEH C18: for the area of Wilson Lake
- THE C19: for the area to the east of Wilson Lake, to the Tehama/Plumas County line
- TEH 1 (D18, D19, E18, E19): for the St. Bernard’s Lodgeand ElamCarter Creek areas
- TEH B15
- TEH C15
- TEH D15
- T Zone 1- Includes the area of Colby Creek. The order will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the TehamaCounty Line to the
intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to
the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Tehama Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/2adkfcm8
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Ln. in Quincy
- Holy Family Catholic Church 108 Taylor Ave. Portola, CA
- Lassen Community College 478-200 CA-139, Susanville, CA
- Los Molinos Veterans Hall 7980 Sherwood Blvd, Los Molinos, CA
NOTE: The Lassen High School shelter has closed
American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
Animal Evacuation Centers:
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy
- Recreation Center 101 Meadowview Lane, Chester
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff
(large and small animals)
- Response for injured wildlife: 1-800-942-6459
- Gold Country Wildlife Rescue: 1-530-885-0862
Donations for residents affected by the fire can be made at:
Plumas Bank- Donations can be made at any branch or mailed to PCIRC at PO Box 3005, Quincy, CA 95971
LDS/Mormon Church- 55 Bellamy Ln, Quincy, CA (Aug 6-9 10am-6pm)
Red Cross - https://www.redcross.org/local/california/gold-country.html
Public traveling in or near evacuated areas should follow egress route directions identified in the evacuation notifications. Directions providedby
mobile devices and GPS units could lead drivers into hazardous areas. Motorists are encouraged to call 1-800-427-7623 for highway information as
roadway conditions remain dynamic.
Plumas County – CHP Susanville Comm. Center
- N. Valley Road southbound at Pecks Valley Road.
- N. Valley Road northbound at Stampfli Lane.
- Indian Falls Road at SR-89. No traffic into Indian Falls. SR-89 is open.
- N. Valley Road northbound at Nelson Street.
- Antelope Road at Beckwourth Genesee Road.
- N. Arm Road south/westbound at Diamond Mountain Road.
- Main Street at SR-89 . Informational traffic control point reminding motorists to stay on SR-89.
- Genesee Road at North Valley Road.
- Diamond Mountain Road at Lights Creek Lane.
- Greenville Wolf Creek Road just west of SR-89. No westbound Greenville Wolf Creek Road traffic.
- Arlington Road eastbound at China Grade Road.
- Beckworth Genesee Road westbound at Antelope Road.
- Antelope Road northbound at Beckworth Genesee Road.
- SR-36 westbound at SR-32.
- SR-36 eastbound at Little Giant Mill Road.
- County Road A21 is closed to southbound traffic from Hwy 44
- SR-36 westbound at SR-44.
- SR-36 eastbound at County Road A13.
- SR-147 northbound at the Plumas and Lassen County line.
- Cheney Creek Road at Gold Run Road. Unstaffed Lassen County Roads barricaded soft closure. No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from Gold Run Road or Gold Run Road from Cheney Creek Road.
- Cheney Creek Road at South Street. Unstaffed Lassen County Roads No traffic on Cheney Creek Road from South Street.
- Wingfield Road westbound at Bas Hill Road.
- Janesville Grade westbound at US-395.
- Milford Grade westbound at US-395..
- Hicks Road westbound at US-395
- Main Street westbound at US-395.
- Church Street westbound at US-395.
- Sears Road westbound at US-395.
- Lakecrest Road westbound at County Highway A3/Standish Buntingville Road.
- Lakecrest Road westbound at US-395.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park (LVNP) is closed. National Park Service (NPS) is not staffing park entrances/exits on the north or south ends of SR-89.
National Forest Closures:
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-08 as of August 12, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety through November 30, 2021. For additional information, visit the LNF Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Lassen National Forest: Eagle Lake and Hat Creek Campsites available for evacuees. Contact Brian.email@example.com or call 530-338-8745. Evacuees need to check in with the campsite's hosts. Before you go, make sure the campgrounds are not under anyevacuation warnings.
The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21-15 as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety. For additional information, visit the PNF Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Forest Order 05-11-00-21-16 (Phases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire Emergency Area, Road, Trail, and Developed Recreation Site Closure Order) https://tinyurl.com/74hf8rk3
Lassen Volcanic National Park: All of Lassen National Park is closed to all access due to the Dixie Fire.
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff's Office, Lassen County Sheriff's Office, Tehama County Sheriff's Office, Shasta County Sheriff's Office, CHP, PG&E, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, Sierra Pacific Industries, W.M. Beaty and Associates, Collins Pine, California Department of Corrections, Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad, Union Pacific Railroad|