Incident UpdateDixie Fire
Date: 07/26/2021 Time: 7:53 PM
Dixie Fire West Zone: The Dixie Fire continues to move North and Northeast with moderate uphill runs primarily flanking and backing. Crews continue to fight fire aggressively, construct and reinforce control lines, and protect structures. Mop up efforts have begun where appropriate. Possible isolated thunderstorms may occur mainly to the east of the fire with an increased potential for large Pyrocumulus or Cumulonimbus development over the fire this evening. Damage assessments are ongoing with limited access to some areas due to fire activity.
Dixie Fire East Zone: The Dixie and Fly Fires have burned together. Total acreage and containment have been combined and the incident will retain the name Dixie. The Dixie Fire remains in Unified Command with two teams overseeing the fire: CAL FIRE Incident Management Team 1 on the West Zone, and California Interagency Incident Command Team 2 on the East Zone. Evacuation orders and warnings are changing frequently. Please follow local law enforcement and forest social media pages, and sign up for Code Red Alerts. Residents are encouraged to develop an evacuation preplan if you are not currently in an evacuation area.
Dixie Fire Evacuation Maps
For more information on the Dixie Fire visit the following links:
USA 215-446-3649 Conference code: 746758
USA 888-557-8511 (US Free) Conference code: 746758
- The west shore of Lake Almanor from the Canyon Dam, northwest to Hwy. 36 at Hwy. 89. This includes the communities of Prattville, Big Meadows, and Lake Almanor West along with the Rocky Point Campground and the Canyon Dam Boat Launch. High Lakes (PLUMAS COUNTY) Recreational area of Plumas County east of the Butte/Plumas County line. Plumas/Butte County line east to Twain includes both sides of Hwy. 70 in the areas of Rock Creek, Storrie, Tobin, Belden, Caribou Rich Bar, and Twain.
- Meadow Valley and Bucks Lake, Bucks Lake Rd. at Riverdance, and everything west, to the Butte/Plumas County line. This includes Snake Lake, Meadow Valley, Tollgate, Bucks Lake, Bucks Lake Highlands, and all surrounding areas.
- Caribou Rd. north to the Humbug Rd. and Humboldt Rd. intersection This includes Belden Reservoir and Butt Valley Reservoir, Prattville, Butt Reservoir Road, and everything west to the Butte/Plumas County line, and the community of Seneca south to Hwy. 70.
- P Zone 1: for High Lakes area, Storrie, Tobin, and Rock Creek. Evacuation Order for Belden, Rich Bar, Virgilia, Seneca, and Twain communities along the SR70 corridor. Evacuation Order to begin at SR70 at Pulga Rd along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Rich Bar Rd., from SR70 at Rich Bar Rd., to the north along the Pacific Crest Trail to the Plumas Co./Butte Co. line, from the Plumas Co./Butte Co. line west along the county line to the intersection of SR70 and Pulga Rd.
- P Zone 2: for Meadow Valley and Bucks Lake communities. Evacuation to include the south edge of the SR70 corridor, from Belden east to Twain, south from Twain to Snake Lake Rd. at Bucks Lake Rd., to include the communities of Spanish Ranch and Meadow Valley, from south, on Bucks Lake Rd. at Snake Lake Rd. to the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd. and Big Creek (south), from the the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd. and Big Creek Rd. (south) along Bucks Lake Rd. to the Plumas/Butte Co. line, from Bucks Lake Rd. at the Plumas/Butte Co line to the north, along the Plumas/Butte Co. line, where it intersects with SR70 at Pulga Rd.
- P Zone 3: for the Caribou area. Evacuation to include SR70 at Virgilia to the north along the east shore of Butt Lake, to the intersection of Humbug Rd and Humboldt Rd, to the east along Humbug Rd. to the Butte Co. Line, to the south along the Butte Co. Line to Chips Creek, east along Chips Creek to SR70, east along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Virgilia
- P Zone 4A: for the Paxton, Seneca, Long Valley, and East Butt Lake area. Evacuation Warning to include the Paxton area at SR70, north to the Long Valley, west to the south side of Butt Lake, from the south side of Butt Lake to SR70 at Virgilia, east along the north edge of the SR70 corridor to Paxton.
- P Zone 4B: in the Long Valley and Seneca communities. Starting from the Long Valley area north along Wolf Creek Rd, to the intersection of Wolf Creek Rd and South Almanor, from the intersection of South Almanor and Wolf Creek Rd west along South Almanor, continuing west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection of Humbug-Humboldt Crossing Rd, from the intersection of Fox Farm Rd and Humbug-Humboldt Rd, to south along Prattville Butt Valley Reservoir Rd to the south shore of Butt Valley Reservoir, from the south shore of Butt Valley Reservoir east to Long Valley.
- P Zone 5: for the communities along the west shore of Lake Almanor including Prattville and Lake Almanor West, beginning at the intersection of SR147 and SR89, west to the Intersection of SR36 and SR89, south from the intersection of SR36 and SR89 to County RD 324, from the intersection of SR36 and County RD 324, east along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with South Almanor Rd.
- P Zone 6: from the intersection of Humbug Rd at Humboldt Rd north to the intersection with Fox Farm Rd, from the intersection of Humboldt Rd and Fox Farm Rd, west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection of SR36 and Fox Farm Rd continuing west to the Butte County Line, south along the Butte County Line to Humbug Rd, east along Humbug Rd to the intersection of Humboldt Rd.
- P Zone 6A: beginning from the intersection of Humbug-Humboldt Crossing Rd and Fox Farm Rd, west along Fox Farm Rd to the intersection with SR36, south from the intersection of SR36 and Fox Farm Rd, south to the Butte County line, south along Butte County line to Humboldt Rd., east along Humboldt Rd to the intersection with HumbugHumboldt Crossing Rd, continuing west to the Butte County Line, south along the Butte County Line to Humbug Rd, east along Humbug Rd to the intersection of Humboldt Rd.
- P Zone 10: for the community of East Shore. The Order will include the intersection of SR147 and County Road A13, east to Little Dyer Mountain, southeast to Dyer Mountain, south to SR89, west to SR147, north to County Road A13.
- P Zone 11: for the community of Road Valley Reservoir and Long Valley will include State Route 89 near the Clear Creek to the State Route 70, south to State Route 70 at the Feather River, east along State Route 70 to the intersection of State Route 89, north on State Route 89 to Dixie Creek due north to Seltzer Road.
- P Zone 12: for the Snake Area. The warning will begin at the intersection of Blackhawk Rd and SR70, east along SR70 to intersection and Chandler West, from the intersection of SR70 and Chandler West south west to the intersection of Bucks Lake Rd and Riverdance Rd, west to Snake Lake Rd, north to the intersection of Powerline Easement and Hambly Ravine.
- P Zone 12A: for the community of Butterfly Valley. The Evacuation order is to begin at Blackhawk Rd at SR70, to west on Snake Lake Rd to the intersection with Powerline Easement, continuing west from the intersection of Snake Lake Rd and Powerline Easement to the Hambly Ravine, from the Hambly Ravine north to SR70, continuining east along the SR70 corridor to the intersection with SR89 (Greenville Wye), from the intersetction with SR70 and SR89 (Greenville Wye), continuing east along the SR70 corridor to the intersection with Blackhawk Rd.
- P Zone 13: for the community of the northeast side of Indian Valley. The Order will include Dyer Mountain, southeast to Keddie Ridge, southeast to Diamond Mountain Road, west to Stampfli Lane, north to Wolf Creek, northwest to the intersection of N Valley Road and Pecks Valley Road, north to the intersection of Williams Valley Road and Lower Williams Valley Road, northwest to SR89 at Second Water Tower Creek, north to Dyer Mountain.
- P Zone 14: for the community of Greenville and Crescent Mills. The order will include SR89 at Dixie Creek, northeast to Stampfli Lane, north to Wolf Creek, norhtwest to SR89, north on SR89 to Hauns Creek.
- P Zone 15: for the community of Taylorsville. The warning will include SR89 at Moccasin, northeast to Stampfli Lane at Indian Creek, east to Diamond Mountain Road, south to Genesee Road at N Valley Road, west to SR89 at Indian Falls, northeast to Moccasin.
- P Zone 16: for the community of Mount Hough. The warning will include SR89 at Indian Falls, east to Genesee Road at N Valley Road, south to the intersection of Forest Service Road 25N14 and Forest Service Road 24N85, west to SR70 at Barlow Road, north to SR89 at Indian Falls.
- P Zone 17 B: the areas north of Chandler Road. Chandler Road at Oakland Camp Road east to State Route 70, north from the intersection of State Route 70 to the south border of Canyon Railroad Subdivision. The northern borders of Zones 17 and 17A are moved to the south edge of Chandler Road and remain in Evacuation Warning status.
- P Zone 18: for the Peter’s Creek Area. The Order begins at Taylorsville Rodeo Grounds north to Keddie Peak, continuing north along Cook’s creek to Springs Creek, east to Enlge Mine, south from Engle Mine to Peter’s Creek, continuing south along Peter’s Creek to Taylor Diggings, west from Taylor Diggings to Talyorsville Rodeo grounds.
- P Zone 21: for the area of Little Grizzly Creek. The Order will begin intersection 25N14 and 24N85, east to the intersection of 113 and 24N60, north to the east end of 25N42C, west to just south of Gaging Station, south to 25N14 and 24N85.
- P Zone 28: for the Genesee Valley. The Order will begin east of Taylorsville along Genesee Rd corridor continuing east along Genesee Indian Creek and ending at 27N09.
- P Zone 7: for the community of Stover. The warning will include the intersection of SR89 at SR36, west on SR36 to the Pacific Crest Trail, north to Willow Springs Campground, northeast to the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Rd., south to the intersection of SR89 and SR36.
- P Zone 8: for the community of Chester. The warning will include the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Rd., east to Lake Chance Campground, south to SR36 on the causeway, southwest to the intersection of SR89 and SR36, north to the intersection of Old Red Bluff Hwy. and Warner Valley Road.
- P Zone 9: for the communities of Peninsula and Hamilton Branch. The warning will include SR36 on the causeway, east to the Lassen County Line, south on SR147 to County Road A13, south to Peninsula Point, north to the SR36 causeway.
- P Zone 17: for the community of Quincy. The Warning will include SR70 at Barlow Road, east to the intersection of Forest Service Road 25N33, south along the Canyon Subdivisions Railroad to the intersection of Mt. Hough Crystal Lake Rd and Quincy Junction Rd, south along Quincy Junction Rd to the intersection with SR89, east on SR89 to Radio Hill Rd and south to Peppard Flat Rd, northwest through Boil Ravine to Quincy-Oro Highway, north along SR70 to the intersection with Old Highway Rd.
- P Zone 17A: for the areas of east Quincy. The Warning encompasses Peppard Flat north of Highway 70, west on Highway 70 to Quincy Junction Rd. north on Quincy to the Canyon Subdivision Railroad, east to Forest Service Rt. 25N07, south to Thompson Creek, and areas west of La Porte Rd. to Peppard Flat Rd.
- P Zone 19: for the USFS Road 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen Line, east to Diamond Mountain area, and south to Lone Rock.
- P Zone 20: for the Taylor Diggings Mine, north to Engel Mine, east to Lower Lone Rock, south to the Border of Zone 28, and west to the Taylor Diggings Mine.
- P Zone 22: the area of Spring Gardens and Greenhorn Creek Ranch area. Specifically, Laporte road at Thompson Creek, north to Empire ravine, east to Cascade creek south to 508 Road, southwest to the south of Lee Summit to Fells Flat, and northwest to the Laporte Road.
- P Zone 29: Moonlight Valley, Eagle Mine, Lone Rock Valley, and a portion of Growers Boulevard, USFS Road 28N32 intersection of Plumas/Lassen Line, east to Diamond Mountain area, south to Lone Rock.
- P Zone 31: for the Beckwourth Genesee at Clover Creek Loop, north to area of Drum Bridge and to the area of Babcock crossing, east to Big Flat Spring, south to 25N05, and west to Beckwourth Genesee Road.
- P Zone 33: for McDermott Ravine north to Drum Bridge East to Crystal Creek, South to 23N45, and west to McDermott Ravine.
Plumas County Resources:
- Plumas County Website: https://www.plumascounty.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://plumascounty.us/587/Sheriff-Coroner
- Sheriff Dixie Fire Information: https://www.plumascounty.usDixie-Fire-Information
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plumascountysheriff
- Plumas National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
- For the communities of Jonesville, Philbrook and all High Lakes areas within Butte County
- BM-201: For the area of Butte Meadows. The warning will begin SR32 at the Butte and Tehama County line, east to the area of Cherry Hill Campground, southeast to Snag Lake, southwest to Skyway at Bull Creek, north along Skyway to Humboldt Road.
- Areas to include the Tehama County line east to Old Loma Road., Carpenter Ridge east to Skyway, Skyway north from Humbug Summit line to Butte Creek, all the Fish Creek area within Lassen National Forest area road, Pulga and Philbrook areas east of the west branch of the Feather River, west of SR70 north of Magalia, intersection of SR70 at Pulga Rd., south of the Plumas County line, Butte Meadows and Inskip areas.
Butte County Resources:
- Butte County Website: www.buttecounty.net
- Sheriff Website: www.buttecounty.net/sheriffcoroner
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bcsonews
- Sheriff Twitter: @ButteSheriff
- Sheriff’s Call Center: (530) 552-3010
- Evacuation Map: https://tinyurl.com/4nm69873
- LAS Zone E019: for the area south of Mountain Meadows Reservoir Mountain Meadows Reservoir from Hamilton Branch waterway east to the Lassen/Plumas County line.
Lassen County Resources:
- Lassen County Web site: http://www.co.lassen.ca.us
- Sheriff Website: https://tinyurl.com/sy9frpx6
- Sheriff Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LassenSheriff
- Lassen National Forest: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
- T Zone 1: to include the area of Colby Creek. The warning will begin at the Butte and Tehama County line, west along the Tehama County Line to the intersection with SR32, north along the SR32 corridor to the intersection with SR36, from the intersection with SR32 and SR36, east along SR36 to the intersection with Plumas and Tehama County Line.
- T Zone 2: to include the area of Mill Creek. An evacuation warning has been issued by the Tehama County Sheriff’s Office for the areas and communities south of the Mill Creek community continuing south to the community of Campbellville and east to highway 32.
Tehama County Resources:
- Tehama County Website: https://www.co.tehama.ca.us/
- Sheriff Website: https://tehamaso.org/
- Sheriff Facebook: Tehama County Sheriff Facebook
- Tehama Alerts: https://tehamaso.org/tehama-alert/
- Veterans Memorial Hall at 180 Gay St. in Chester
- Springs of Hope Church at 59 Bell Ln. in Quincy
- Ridge Way Park at 19725 Ridge Road in Red Bluff
- Church of the Nazarene at 2238 Monte Vista Ave. Oroville
- Lassen Community College at 478-200 CA-139 Susanville
American Red Cross: Public Information Line (855)-755-7711
Animal Evacuation Centers:
- Plumas County Fairgrounds 204 Fairground Road, Quincy
- 201 Mill Creek Road, Quincy
- If you need assistance with animals contact Plumas County Animal Services at (530) 283-3673 or after hours (530) 283-6300. Large animals and livestock can also be accommodated.
- Tehama County Complex 1830 Walnut Street, Red Bluff
(large and small animals)
- Old County Hospital 2279 Del Oro Mono Suite E Oroville (small only).
- Road A13 at CA147
- State Route 70 at the North junction with State Route 89 Greenville Wye
- State Route 70 at West Chandler Road
- State Route 70 westbound at Gansner Park Drive
- State Route 70 at East Chandler Road
- Quincy Junction Road at Chandler Road
- Genesee Road at North Valley Road-No WB Arlington Road and no NB North Valley Road.
- State Route 36 at State Route 89
- State Route 70 at Deadwood Road
- Humboldt at Bambi Inn
- State Route 32 at Upper Humboldt Road
- State Route 32 at State Route 36
Additional Road Information:
- For current State Highway/Route information visit roads.dot.ca.gov
National Forest Closures:
The Lassen National Forest (LNF) implemented Forest Order 06-21-04 as of July 16 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety through September 16. For additional information, visit the LNF Website: www.fs.usda.gov/lassen
Plumas National Forest within the Dixie Fire Area per Forest Order No. 05-11-00-21-14 The Plumas National Forest (PNF) implemented Forest Order 05-11-00-21- 15 as of July 16, 2021 (Dixie Fire Closure Order) to protect public health and safety. For additional information, visit the PNF Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/plumas
Forest Order 05-11-00-21-16 (Phases 1 and 2 Expanded Dixie Fire Emergency Area, Road, Trail, and Developed Recreation Site Closure Order) https://tinyurl.com/74hf8rk3
Lassen Volcanic National Park Warner Valley and Jupiter Lake areas will be closed to all access and the entire park will be closed to back country camping.
|Butte County Sheriff Office||833-512-5378||http://buttecounty.net/sheriff|
|Cooperating Agencies: Plumas National Forest, Lassen National Forest, Butte County Sheriff's Office, Plumas County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, Pacific Gas & Electric, Union Pacific Railroad, Sierra Pacific Industries, CAL OES, CAL-EMSA, California National Guard, California Conservation Corps, CAL TRANS, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Burlington Northern Santa Fe, and National Park Service|