Incident UpdateMonument Fire
Date: 09/05/2021 Time: 8:03 AM
Minimal fire activity has been observed from west of Cedar Gulch to north of Junction City; patrol of the control line is ongoing while crews are conducting back haul of equipment and supplies. North of Hyampom Road, firefighters are completing mop-up operations, snag tree removal and suppression repair. Hot spots within the fire perimeter near the Barker Creek burn scar are being cooled and helicopters maybe in the area assisting ground resources throughout the day. CAL FIRE Incident Management Team 5 will transition command of the South Zone back to the Shasta Trinity National Forest within the next 24 hours and USFS California Interagency Incident Management Team 5 will continue to manage both zones.
Northern California has experienced large fire activity and will likely experience an extended fire season. Fires burning in northern California are exhibiting extreme fire growth based on critical fuel conditions. The prioritization of resources is always based on life, property, and natural resources. Under these drought conditions, wildfires are burning rapidly with extreme severity and have traveled up to 8 miles in a single day. Fire spread is fuel driven and does not depend on wind speed, as we have seen in previous years. Firefighters are experiencing conditions never seen before, such as increased rates of spread, spotting and active nighttime burning. We coordinate very closely with the US Forest Service and CalOES for our local and out of state partners, to ensure resources are shared.
Sign up for Trinity County Code Red Alerts:
Property Damage Assessment:
For questions and information regarding the status of your property, call Trinity County Office of Emergency Services (OES) at (530) 623-1116.
For the latest evacuation information and road closures in Trinity County visit:
SOUTH ZONE EVACUATION ORDERS:
SOUTH ZONE EVACUATION WARNINGS:
- North of SR 3 and Hayfork Summit Rd. extending to Barker Mountain, south of the forest boundary and west of Dutch Creek Rd.
North Hayfork Area:
- North of SR 3, east of Alder Gulch Dozer line to Clems Flat, south and west of Hayfork Summit Rd.
- North of SR 3, east of Barker Valley Rd., south of the fire’s edge and west of Alder Gulch at the Alder Gulch Dozer Line.
- North of SR 3, east of Big Creek Rd., south of the fire’s edge and west of Barker Valley Rd.
- North of Hyampom Rd. / SR 3, east of Cedar Gulch Rd., south of the fire’s edge and west of Brady Rd.
- North and east of SR 3 and Hyampom Rd., south of Farmer Ranch Rd. and west of Ceder Gulch Rd.
South Hayfork Area:
- North of Salt Creek Growers, east of the forest boundary, south of Atman Road and west of SR 3.
- All areas west of SR 3 from Tule Creek Road, south to Atman Road, west to Jesse Road and north to Hyampom Road.
- All areas along the south side of Hyampom Road, from Nine Mile Bridge, east to Cedar Gulch Road
Trinity County Road Closures:
- All roads inside the fire’s edge.
- All roads at the forest boundary.
For the most up to date road closure information from Cal Trans, go to https://roads.dot.ca.gov/
Trinity County Evacuation Centers:
- Fireman’s Hall Pavilion (Humboldt County)
9 Park Street
Fortuna, CA 95540
- Willow Creek Bible Church (Humboldt County)
39 Barannan Mountain Road
Willow Creek, CA 95573
Trinity County Animal Evacuation Centers:
For assistance with large and small animal evacuations call: (530) 623-8126
|Shasta Trinity National Forest||https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7750/|
|Cooperating Agencies: California Highway Patrol, CalTrans, Trinity County Sheriff’s, Trinity County OES, Trinity County Public Utilities District, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, California Conservation Corps, California National Guard, California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, Hayfork Fire, Weaverville Fire, Junction City Fire, State of Washington, State of Arizona, State of Oklahoma, State of Alaska, State of Wisconsin, State of New Hampshire, State of Kentucky, State of Montana|