Incident Update Caldor Fire
- 4:51 PM
- Caldor Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- East of Omo Ranch, South of the community of Grizzly Flats
- El Dorado
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Amador-El Dorado Unit and El Dorado National Forest
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- El Dorado National Forest
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
CALDOR FIRE EVACUATIONS AND ROAD CLOSURES (8/20/21 4:48PM)
WHAT: Update to Evacuation Orders, Warnings, and Road Closures
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: Road Closures At 4:30 p.m. today, Friday, August 20, 2021, Highway 50 will be closed in both directions from the Sly Park Road exit to Twin Bridges. Highway 50 will be open between Meyers and Twin Bridges for local residents only who reside between Meyers and Twin Bridges. These residents will be subject to providing
identification and proof of residency. No traffic will be allowed west past Twin Bridges.
Evacuation Warnings: The following evacuation warnings are being issued today, Friday, August 20, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
• From the evacuation order line in Twin Bridges east to the Echo Summit and from Highway 50 south to the Amador and Alpine County lines and north to the Placer County line.
• Dry Lakes Section: This section is north of Wentworth Springs Road up to the Placer County line and the remaining section of El Dorado County south of Placer County to Loon Lake. Evacuation Orders The following mandatory evacuation orders are being issued starting today, Friday, August 20, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
• Silver Fork Road in Kyburz east to Twin Bridges.
• North and south in a line extending from Twin Bridges to the Placer County line and south to the Amador County line.
Anyone under a mandatory evacuation order in Kyburz or east of Kyburz will evacuate east on Highway 50 towards Lake Tahoe. Anyone under a mandatory evacuation order to the west of Kyburz will need to evacuate west on Highway 50 towards Placerville.
NOTES: A mandatory evacuation order is defined as an immediate threat to life. This isa lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access. An evacuation warning is defined as a potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now. A resident only closure is defined as a soft closure with the additional allowance of residents and local government agencies assisting with response
and recovery. All remaining Evacuation Orders and Evacuation Warnings remain in place
CALDOR FIRE COMMUNITY MEETING (8/20/21 2:45PM)
Community Meeting - Friday August 20th at 5:00PM
CALDOR FIRE DONATION INFORMATION FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (8/20/21 8:18AM)
The Caldor Fire Incident Management Team continues to receive inquiries into how and what donations firefighters and community members need. While the outpouring of support is truly appreciated, our Incident Command Post and incident base are set up to provide excellent logistical support, including food and other supplies, to first responders for the duration of the incident.
Despite best intentions, unsolicited donation items are not needed at this time and can unintentionally overwhelm relief locations, especially when donating food. Inside our incident bases, everything is carefully regulated by local health and safety ordinances, as well as strict adherence to COVID-19 regulations.
Any residents who wish to make donations are encouraged to contact your local relief organizations of choice to see if they are accepting donations. Recommendations would be the Red Cross and El Dorado Community Foundation.
Residents are asked to be READY: Create and maintain defensible space and harden your home against flying embers. Get SET: Prepare your family and home ahead of time for the possibility of having to evacuate. Be ready to GO! Take the evacuation steps necessary to give your family and home the best chance of surviving a wildfire. Visit www.readyforwildfire.org for more information.
Throughout the night there was active fire with short range spotting and rollout was still occurring in steep drainages from fire weakened timber. With historic drought conditions there is heavy dead and down fuels through the fire area. Northern California remains under fuels and fire behavior advisory. Due to ongoing damage assessment of the area the numbers of destroyed and damaged structures are subject to change.
To better provide public and firefighter safety due to extreme fire conditions throughout Northern California, and strained firefighter resources throughout the Country, the USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is announcing a temporary closure of nine National Forests. This closure will be effective on August 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. through September 6, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. The closure order can be found at https://go.usa.gov/xF7EM
AMADOR COUNTY -WARNINGS
- Shenandoah Road at the Amador County line west through the River Pines community, continuing west on Shenandoah Road to Ostrom Road.
- Southon Ostrom Road to Jibboom Street, West on Jibboom Street to Fiddletown Road. East on Fiddletown Road to Hale Road.
- South on Hale Road to ShakeRidge Road.
- East on Shake Ridge Road to Charleston Road.
- South on Charleston Road to the intersection of Charleston Road and Rams Horn Grade.
- Due east to Highway 88 at Tiger Creek Road.
- Tiger Creek Road east to Salt Springs Reservoir Road.
- East on Salt Springs Reservoir Road to the east end of the Salt Springs Reservoir.
- Due north from the east end of Salt Springs Reservoir to Highway 88.
EL DORADO COUNTY - ORDERS
- Grizzly Flat: The areas on Grizzly Flats Road east of Kendra Way into Grizzly
- Flats Proper. The areas of Diamond Railroad Grade, Old School House, Sweeney Road, Caldor Road, and steely Ridge.
- Grizzly Flats Road east of four corners in somerset into Grizzly Flats Proper.
- The areas of Myers Lane, Varmet Ridge Road, Rodwell Canyon Road, Snowbird Lane, and Mehwald Lane.
- East of Sly Park Road between Highway 50 and Mormon Emigrant Trail to Ice House Road. This includes the communities of Pacific House and Fresh Pond.
- North of Highway 50, east of Forebay Road to Ice House Road.
- Intersection of Perry Creek and Hawk Haven, the East side of Fairplay Road from Perry Creek South to Cedarville Road. This includes Slug Gulch, Omo Ranch, and all roads off of Slug Gulch and Omo Ranch.
- All roads off of Omo Ranch from Cedarville Road to Hwy 88.
- The area between Highway 88 and Mormon Emigrant Trail
- South of Highway 50 from Snows Road to Ice House Road.
- Between Highway 50 and Slab Creek from Snows Road to Ice House Road.
- South of Highway 50 from Ice House Road to Silver Fork Road. This includes the community of Kyburz.
- North of Highway 50 from Ice House Road to Silver Fork Road to include Ice House Reservoir, Union Valley Reservoir, and Loon Lake.
EL DORADO COUNTY EVACUATION WARNINGS:
- North of Slab Creek to Wentworth Springs Road between Sand Mountain and Loon Lake.
- Mosquito Road from the bridge North to include the Community of Swansboro.
- North of Highway 50 to Slab Creek between Smith Flat and Snows Road.
- South of Highway 50 to Pleasant Valley between Smith Flat and Snows Road, and North of Pleasant Valley between Holm and Newtown.
- South of Pleasant Valley between Bucks Bar Road and Newtown Road, East of Bucks Bar Road to Mt Aukum Road.
- Southwest of Bucks Bar Road to Ladies Valley Road including the community of Outingdale, Ant Hill Road, Perry Creek Road and Sand Ridge between Ladies Valley Road and Bucks Bar Road.
- East of Mt Aukum Road (E16) from Bucks Bar Road to Omo Ranch Road. North of Omo Ranch Road to the intersection of Omo Ranch Road and Fairplay Road.
- South of Omo Ranch to the El Dorado County Line between Mt Aukum Road (E16) and Fairplay Road to include Coyoteville Road, Cedar Creek and all tributary roads.
Green Valley Community Church
3500 Missouri Flat Road
Evelynn Bishop Hall
701 Hwy 124
Rolling Hills Church
800 White Rock Road
El Dorado Hills, CA
- Shelter Full
Cameron Park CSD
2502 Country Club Drive
Cameron Park, CA
- Temporary Evacuation Point
Amador County Fairgrounds
18621 Sherwood Street
Animal Evacuation Centers:
- El Dorado County Animal Services: Call (530)-621-5795 (Small animals)
- Large Animal Shelter Amador County Fairgrounds 18621 Sherwood St., Plymouth (530)621-5795 or (530)647-6227
- Saureel Vineyards (large animals) 1140 Cold Springs Road Placerville, CA (530) 621-5795
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel