Incident Update McKinney Fire
- 6:57 PM
- McKinney Fire
- Start Date/Time
- Incident Status
- Hwy 96 and McKinney Creed Road, southwest of Klamath River
- Under Investigation
- Administration Unit
- Unified Command: CAL FIRE Siskiyou Unit and Klamath National Forest
- Unified Command Agency(s)
- Structures Threatened
- Structures Destroyed
- Structures Damaged
- Civilian Injuries
- Firefighter Injuries
- Civilian Fatalities
- Firefighter Fatalities
Minimal fire activity was observed today. Smoldering and creeping, some interior islands continuing to burn out aggressively.
Firefighters continued to mop up heavy, down fuels and hot spots. Hazard trees are being fell while suppression repair is ongoing.
CURRENT FOREST ORDERS: Fire restrictions are in effect on the Klamath National Forest. For more information visit: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/klamath/alerts-notices/
Pacific Crest Trail Information: https://www.pcta.org/discover-the-trail/closures
Highway 96 open with controlled traffic
- Multiple evacuation orders and warnings remain in effect. Please continue to monitor Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office,
- Siskiyou County Office of Emergency Services, and https://community.zonehaven.com/ for any updates on evacuations.
- A shelter has been established at the Weed Community Center, 161 E Lincoln Avenue, Weed, CA 96094.
- Water Tenders
- Hand Crews
- Total Personnel