Get Ready to Go
GO - EVACUATION GUIDE
Give your household the best chance of surviving a wildfire by being ready to go and evacuating early. Being ready to go also means knowing when to evacuate and what to do if you become trapped.
Before evacuation is necessary, follow these steps before it's time to GO!
- Create a Wildfire Action Plan for your family. Being ready to go also means knowing when to evacuate and what to do if you become trapped.
- Complete the pre-evacuation preparation steps (only if time allows) to increase your home’s defense.
- Make sure you sign up for text alerts about wildfires in your area, and know your community’s emergency response plan, evacuation orders and evacuation centers.
When immediate evacuation is necessary, follow these steps as soon as possible to get ready to GO!
- Review your Evacuation Plan Checklist.
- Ensure your Emergency Supply Kit/Evacuation Bag is in your vehicle.
- Cover-up to protect against heat and flying embers. Wear long pants, long sleeve shirt, heavy shoes/boots, cap, dry bandanna for face cover, goggles or glasses. 100% cotton is preferable.
- Locate your pets and take them with you.
Go - Evacuation Guide