-- Biomass Transportation Subsidy White Paper (Released 01/25/2023)
-- 2023 Q1 Business and Workforce Development Grant Guidelines Released
Currently Funded Projects: 2022 Q1 Grant Awards | 2022 Q2 Grant Awards | 2022 Q3 Grant Awards
We anticipate up to $8 million available for 2023 Quarter 1 Wood Products project awards. Additionally, up to $5 million available for Biomass Transportation Subsidy projects. (Last updated: 12/28/2022)
CAL FIRE's Wood Products and Bioenergy team seeks to maintain and enhance the forest-sector workforce and businesses of California to promote healthy resilient forests throughout the state by supporting a diverse set of business development and workforce development projects.
Eligible business development projects include facilities, operations, and professional services that support the restoration of healthy, resilient forests by offering improvements to the wood products industry.
Eligible workforce development projects include universities, colleges, government and community organizations, and businesses that aim to increase workforce capacity in the fields of logging, fuels treatment, transportation, manufacturing, or other support services that bolster the development of a resilient forest sector workforce.
Research and development projects related to both business and workforce development will also be considered.
The Wood Products Team intends to maintain a continuously open solicitation for Business and Workforce Development Grants as funding availability allows.
Detailed information regarding the solicitation, application process, eligible activities and projects can be found under Grantee Resources below and in the in the Grant Guidelines.
The Wood Products and Bioenergy Program seeks to maintain and enhance the wood products infrastructure of California to support healthy resilient forests along with the people and ecosystems that depend on them.
Existing and emerging technologies related to:
-- Solid wood and chip product processing and manufacturing
-- Bioenergy, including power generation and fuel production
-- Forest-related workforce development
Support the creation of a robust and diversified wood products industry to facilitate the economic and sustainable management of California's forests.
CAL FIRE's Wood Products Team held a virtual public workshop on January 26, 2022. The workshop covered the following topics:
- Project Eligibility
- Match Requirements
- Application Scoring
- Application Process and Timeline
- Q & A
- Current Forest Health Program Solicitation
Access the Virtual Workshop.
2023 - First Quarter
- 2023 Q1 Grant Guidelines
2022 - Third Quarter
- Press Release - CAL FIRE Funds Workforce and Business Development Projects
- List of 2022 Q3 Grant Awards
- List of 2022 Q3 Applications Received
- 2022 Q3 Grant Guidelines
2022 - Second Quarter
- Press Release - CAL FIRE Awards New Funding for Workforce and Business Development
- List of 2022 Q2 Grant Awards
- List of 2022 Q2 Applications Received
- Grant Guidelines: 2022 Q1/Q2
2022 - First Quarter
- Proposal Preparation Resources
- Business and Workforce Development Grant Guidelines (Updated 12/28/2022)
- Biomass Transportation Subsidy White Paper (Released 01/25/2023)
- eCivis Grants Portal: Application User Guide (Updated 7/22/2022)
- Workplan & CEQA Schedule Excel Document (Updated 12/28/2022)
- Sample Wood Products Grant Agreement
- New Grantee Resources
- CAL FIRE Standard Forms