Campgrounds will open on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. To help stop the spread of Covid-19, changes will be implemented at our campgrounds. Jackson is fully open for dispersed recreation. Trails, open roads and parking areas are open for use, while day use areas and group campgrounds remain closed. Allowable recreational use is in accordance with the State and Local Health Orders.
The State of California recognizes the importance of outdoor activities and exercise during this challenging time of COVID-19. As such, CAL FIRE Demonstration State Forest staff are working with local officials on a regionally-driven approach to increase access to camping and recreating.
While stay-at-home orders may be modified, it does not mean things are going back to normal. It is critical that Californians continue to stay close to home, practice physical distancing, and avoid congregating with others outside their immediate household to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, CAL FIRE is asking that visitors and campers at Demonstration State Forests adhere to the following guidelines to keep you and our staff safe:
- Stay Clean:
- Bring and use your own soap, disinfectant supplies, hand sanitizer, paper towels and toilet paper.
- Bring plastic table cloths for picnic tables that can be disposed of or taken back home for washing.
- Pack out what you pack in:
- Pack out all trash wherever possible to minimize the amount of trash staff must dispose of at the campsite, trailhead, or other facilities.
- Practice Physical Distancing:
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more
- Do not gather in groups larger than currently recommended by the local county.
- Camp Safely
- Only one household should occupy each campsite.
- No more than SIX people may occupy a campsite.
- Group campsites remain closed.
- Stay Informed:
- Visit CA GOV for the latest information on COVID-19.
- Check the local city and county reopening guidelines for additional regulations and safety procedures.
- When arriving at a Demonstration State Forest for camping or other recreation activities, be sure to follow any posted signs or verbal direction from CAL FIRE staff.
**For a complete list of campground regulations, please refer to the 'Camping' tab below.
Mendocino County COVID-19 Information: https://www.mendocinocounty.org/community/novel-coronavirus
California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
Jackson Demonstration State Forest
802 North Main Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437